View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 05:55 PM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BennettDMB13
Thanks for the reply. I took it back up there and they said the reason that it's running like crap is because the intake manifold is leaking antifreeze into the heads. And it's gonna cost me about 500 bucks to get it fixed. Does this sound right or are they trying to get more money out of me? I noticed that antifreeze is leaking out around where the hose goes into the intake. If this is all they are talking about I really don't see it costing that much to fix it.

Bennett

Ron, this was actually in a different forum but was moved here....your guess is as good as mine why though
You have a 4.6 with a plastic intake? The answer to your question is yes, and you need to stop dealing with goodyear. I have a 97 and there is a 'service bulletin' or whatever the pc term is for it for that part. Call Ford with your VIN and make sure you fall into the covered group.

Sounds to me like that's what is happening. The repair should be free, and the work warrantied for I think 7 years from date of service. Worth looking into.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote