MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Snakeman
Registered Member

Default SHM Impressions 6 months later

OH YES!

I have been running the SHM 575 shortblock/blower cams/ported heads/JBA headers combination in my supercharged cobra for 3k miles or so...
I still have the stock vortech chip in there, stock injectors, and i'm pulling 15* of timing with the MSD ignition between 3500 and redline (which is still set at 7k rpm, will bump it to 7500 after the new chip is burned) and running 100 octane racing fuel to keep the thing from detonating at WOT. Once i put in injectors and chip it, it should be even more powerful than it is now.

I love the power it has! pretty much spin the tires at will power. It takes what i give it, and i give it plenty!

with the blower cams, the car seems to leap @ 4k rpm and keeps pulling to the rev-limiter!

i only took the car to the track once after the new parts, but even pulling all that timing, it ran 12.8@115+ mph (spinning like a dog!)with only 6lb of boost and stock gears...an increase of 3 mph compared to before.

I have an appointment to get 42 lb injectors Pro-M and chip/dyno tune @ Apex in November, i'll probably put in 4.10 gears before I do.

I'm hoping to put 500+ HP to the ground on pump gas.