MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
Luke4
Registered Member

Question Should I buy 2000 GT

I went and looked at a white 2000 GT today. The body was perfect, every single option including leather and the mach stereo, she had a stack of papers of maintance and oil changes that was 5 inches thick. Always garaged, and babied by a lady in her mid-40's. The reason for selling was aparent as soon as I pulled up as there was a 05' GT in the garage, which tells me that she loves this one enough to buy a new one. Everything was great at first on the test drive, intill I noticed a really quiet klack kinda sound coming from the transmission. It wasnt really loud, or narly sounding, so I was wondering if its just a noise that other peoples GT's make? Also it only has 44k on it, and still has 21 months of warrenty on it. She said she got a 7 year 70,000mile warrenty, do u think that covers the transmission too?? Because if its not covered on the warrenty I might just pass, but the car is so well taken care of that its tempting. Oh yea, and im getting it for 11k, which isnt bad concidering the miles and condition. Should I buy this, and get back to me on the transmission and warrenty, thanks!!!!

Last edited by Luke4; 02-09-2005 at 03:11 AM..
Luke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
fordblue5oh
Registered Member

Wink Re: Should I buy 2000 GT

well what do you mean by klack and when does it happen? like when you shift or in gear during acceleration or during deceleration? Regardless the extended warranty should cover the transmission no problem but call your local ford dealer i think if you give them the vin # they can tell you how much warranty is left and what it covers. I would say buy it. It sounds like a good deal. I just got an 02 gt with 10k on it and i payed 14k. PS: what color(s) is the interior?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
Luke4
Registered Member

Default Re: Should I buy 2000 GT

I bought it tonight. The interior is gray, and is flawless. Im extremly happy! Im pretty sure it should have the traction control, is there a button somewhere that will turn it off? Mostly I notice it when decelerating, but it also kinda hums quietly when accelerating, but I figured that was normal. Is there anything that u think I should check on the car. lol, Im going from a 88 full-size blazer to this, and its also my first manual, so Im in HEAVEN
Luke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Traction control was an option so it may or may not have it. Just try to burn out in 1st gear from a stop and you'll know if you have it or not. Does it have an aftermarket shifter or handle? That could explain extra noise transmitted through the handle. The stock shifter has rubber bushings in it that make it quieter but also make the shifts mushy and sloppy.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I think a 2000 in general in a smart year to purchase, but the price is a bit high. If I were you, I would run a kelly blue book on it for your zip code and the condition of the car. see what the Private Party value is on it and go from there.

I just looked at a 2000 GT Vert with 28k on it....mint! (for a friend) Bone stock too. I offered her $11,500. The KBB was only $10,800, so I was VERY generous. We ended up buying a 2003 GT Vert with 6,000 miles for $21,000. That car should only be about $9,000. Most owners that are selling cars have no idea how crappy the values of them are.

Don't over-pay, but on the other hand, it's not an investment. So find a price that you are comfortable with and don't look back.

BTW, I ran a KBB on it for my zip code and it came back at about $9500 if it is in Good Condition. It would be worth $10,100 if in Excellent condition. It is almost impossible for the car to be an "Excellent" with 44k on it...the standards are really high. But, I would certainly not pay more than $10,000 for it. You Zip code may have varying results adn I also don't know how it is equipped.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote