View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 09:02 AM   #7
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Yeah GM definitley tends to make a few freak LS1's hear and there. Have you guys read the MM&FF where the test the Bullitt against an SS (Not a fair fight, the Bullitt should go against a more equal Z28)? Well anyway, they ran a 12.9X at around 105 and on the chassis dyno it 321 RWHP! WTF??? That's only 4 FWHP short of it's factory rating. Either GM is modest as hell with their rating or they developed some kind of new fangled drivetrain that puts all the power the engine produces to the ground. You guys shouldn't fear the LS1's too much though. The have NOTHING in the way of aftermarket stuff and their drivers tend to suck at driving. I know were talking LS1's here but a couple days ago I raced 94' LT1 6-speed at a S/L and at the first light he stalled on the launch! (Ha Ha!) Then we were lucky enough to get caught at another light down the street. This time he didn't stall but we raced to around 60 and I had a good half car length on him. (HA! 'Ol Slow triumphs again!) His car should've smoked me considering it's got 60+HP stock and a it's stick.(Not to mention it's got a couple of bolt ons.) This kid was real embarassed when we got back to school because he just got whooped twice by a car 215 hp and an auto. Thank god Ford has some balls now and is making 'Stangs with well over 300+ ponies right from the factory.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote