Thread: Tired Of It!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 11:57 AM   #14
southernstang97

Smile

ok ,

I have a 97 and have done alot to her and I am just as fast as a stock 99GT( this is with out the blower installed , that being put on soon) . And since its a 97 I had to make up the horse's that came stock on a 99' , so in my mind my car is faster , with the mods I have done I made up for 40+ horse's , so thats not bad. I have raced 99gt's before and I am right there with them , no one pulling on no one ..... so since I did not have to pay as much as the 99+ gt owners did, I feel that I am ahead of the game !!!! And when I get my blower on the car i really feel for them,,

But like what was said before , I was not going to wait til ford bumped up the horse power to get my car , and to me the newer stang's just don't look right !! But bottom line if you don;t like my car , OH WELL you don't pay the payments !

Also like what was also said above , all that needs to be done to a stock 96 to 98 to have more power than a 99+ gt's is just a head swap . 96 to 98Gt will make more power just with the head swap , so its not like there out of reach by no means ~~~!!!

And i really will feel for them when I port the 98 heads I got at the house , yes I know you going to say get the 99 pi heads , but with a blower on my car I can not put the 99 heads , p/p the 98 heads and put the blower back on and my everyday driver will be more than I can use.

I think people mix up a track car and a daily driver , I don't need more than 350 to 400 to the ground , if my 97 was a track car then maybe I could see doing all the goodies ..... but as it stands today I can run most cars on the street and then again there some out there that can run mine ,,,, but they don't look as good , hehehehehe