View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 05:14 PM   #227
Mach1Pilot
Registered Member

Default I suspect you still don't get it....

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue01GT

just think before you judge. Think about what you would do with those keys in your hand.
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
No flame here, but I will observe that as long as you continue to think that most people would do what stangman did, your judgement remains suspect. By far the vast majority of people do NOT abuse property that does not belong to them. They DO recognize that the success of of a free society depends on treating each other with respect even when no one is looking.

My experience has been that those who suggest that "everyone does it" are just rationalizing away their own antisocial tendencies and trying to make them seem acceptable. That statement may not apply to you; I don't know you and can't make that judgement. My point is that it has generally applied to the people I've known who made similar arguments to yours in other situations and THOSE people were generally prone to a lack of respect for other people and their property.

You will need to decide if this particular shoe fits. I hope for your sake that it doesn't. And BTW, I am 49, do have gray hair, AND own 2 classic Mustangs that I'm not especially gentle with, plus a '68 Cougar undergoing restoration. I've been driving and racing since I was 16. I've done dumb things and survived them, but I never kidded myself afterward that they weren't dumb just the same.
Mach1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote