View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 07:58 AM   #13
skz4u
Registered Member

Hey 50. You mentioned some good points in your last post, so I had to reply. I see now why your effective RPM range dropped, while mine was raised. With your 5.0 phenolic spacer, it fits in between the intake manifold and the head to insulate the intake manifold from the heat produced at the head. At the same time, adding this spacer increased the length of your runners. That’s why your effective RPM range was lowered. In my case I have a different set up than you. I have a single plane plastic manifold, and the upper intake sits on top of that, much like where a carburetor would. So while your spacer was increasing runner length by 1”, I’m increasing my plenum volume by 7/8” or say 1” for example. I’m not affecting my runner length since the runners draw from the plenum. And I totally agree with you as far as the “advertised claims” go for parts. Some of them just make me laugh. I will tell you though, that I did feel a difference in the seat of the pants dyno. I will promise you and some others that have E-mailed me, that this spring I will get some dyno #’s with and without the spacer and I will let you know the out come good or bad. That way everyone will benefit from my experiment. As far as those floor mats go, let me know how much! Don’t need the Cobra emblem though.
skz4u is offline   Reply With Quote