View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 03:32 AM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: Supercharger prep?

Quote:
Originally posted by impymech
I got to drive a 03 cobra today and I have to say that it was the baddest meanest car I have ever drove! I have a 03 GT and I am now set on getting it supercherged. I have seen some of the web sets for different companies selling blowers and they all seem to claim that you can just bolt one on and away you go. I find this hard to believe. When Ford built the 03 GT's did the engineers have us mooders in mind? Will the stock engine components, suspension, transmission ect... be able to handle another 100 HP? I know for a fact that the plastic intake manifold was not engineered to handle that and im pretty sure thats going to have to go. I guess my question is what else would need to be preped or replaced? I don't plan to race at the track all the time and this car will be my daily driver. I want to be able to get the power in a safe manner and still be able to take a 600 mile road trip. Thanks for any input.
the plastic manifold will be fine under 14lbs of boost the things you have to worry the most about is the stock rods and pistons there have been people with a good tune go 50k on the stock bottom end with 10lbs of boost and there have been people with a not so good tune go 2k with 8lbs and have the bottom end let go.

what I am saying no matter what blower you get ,get it dyno tuned and not just run the tune thats comes with the blower

try looking here www.modularfordpowerhouse.com and look at there mongoose supercharger kits I thinkit is the best to go with

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote