Thread: dyno
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
I agree.

However, a G-Tech can be very useful in ways that I dyno can not. For example, a G-Tech can measure the affects on Net-HP of such things as different tires or gears.

I would NEVER take the info on a G-Tech as a "real" hp value, but it can be VERY useful for measuring change/improvement.

For example, a stock GT with 260 at the flywheel and 225 rwhp, might measure 195 hp with a G-Tech. So, let's say you add a chip, and the G-Tech now records 208 hp with a new run. You just measured a 13 hp increase! But, the G-Tech will produce much more inconsistant hp numbers because of things such as wheel spin. Remember the g-tech is measuring actual g forces produced on the car.
the reason I disagree is it does not factor in wind if you have a tail wind then it can show 10-15 hp more or a head wind it will show less or even side winds can show a lose
and it does not factor in the d/a or any of that so one day you can run it and it show 205hp and next day it might show 235hp
do to weather at least on a dyno that all that can fig. on

it does not factor in gears as well it will show a higher hp when gears and sticky tires come to play
my buddy had a g-tech and he used in has stang that could cut low 1.6 60' times and it told him he had 450hp when he only had at the time 360

those thing are just for ricers and or people that think hp numbers matter

i know many people with 03 cobras that brag (oh i have 390hp bahbahbah) but I would beat them in the 1/4 race without spraying there is alot of other things that matter more then how much power you make

that is for the people that need to feel better about themselfs by bragging how much there car makes

I have never had any of my cars on the dyno but for one reason and thats to check the air/fuel and you will never see me post how much power it makes

even when the motor is done and in and the 200 shot jets go in will never post numbers cause the only number that matters to me 1/4 mile numbers

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote