View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
Bohica06
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Gt Gear Upgrade 3:73 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxBlakexxx
Speed is not everything unless you are racing for pink slips. i don't even bother with Civics...not worth the effort or the ticket. at the end of the day, it's still just a Civic no matter how fast it goes. Anybody with a souped-up Civic is just a kid who would much rather have something else.

I have romped on some nice Corvette's at the track, but who cares? A Mustang in all it's glory is still a step-down from a Vette.

There are some nice rice rockets out there. For one thing, the SRT-4 is a respectable car because it's done right and domestic to boot. And some of the tuners do great work too. But there is just soo much crap out there. The stuff is just down-right embarrasing. If I see one more Saturn with a fart-can and looking like a grocery store cart with the wing, I am gonna hurl.

A while back, some annoying kid kept passing me with a Saturn that appeared stock in every way. Finally I nailed it, then came to my senses and slowed down. This is one guy who is not going to get a ticket racing a Saturn. He passed me at about 80 mph like was winning some race. I am sure he went home and told all his friends that he beat a modded Mustang. So, these stories, while yours may be true (and probably is) I just don't believe most of them.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Welcome to the dark-side.
Like I said sport compacts are fun but the low down grunt of a V8 is where it's at and now I know it. I really feel that what I spent to bring the Honda up to what it was could of have made a better muscle car. I'm only 27 know and I really find that I prefer handling over power. With better handling comes a quicker E.T. And yes I am guilty of the occasional street race, but I do it for the thrill and have nothing to prove to anyone. I agree with you in your opinions, but feel insulted that folks just don’t realize how far a well thought out, planned build will go. 1.6L SOHC can make a whopper of a ride. I’m just looking forward to this new build. Sorry folks don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but really I am digging my new toy.
Bohica06 is offline   Reply With Quote