View Single Post
Old 04-04-2000, 07:40 PM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Are you sure that it isn't your front strut or shock or both that are bad? My front right strut already went bad and I replaced both struts. Only had about 32,000 miles on the car at the time. They have a tendency to go bad pretty fast (stock ones). My shocks are still good though I'll probably do some suspension work on it this summer replacing all four corners (struts, shocks, springs). About the springs, from what I know cutting them is a bad idea. Suspension will be shot in about 15,000 miles or so. The factory springs will not operate correctly cause they are not designed for it. They'll also ride worse than a one ton pickup truck. Best to buy aftermarket. Eibach, Jamex, Ford Motorsport, Global West, MRP, Tokico. Don't mess with BBK. I know alot of people that are disappointed with their springs. But, whatever floats your boat. I thought about cutting my springs too. But I don't feel like replacing the whole suspension because of it. Rather do it right the first time. If anyone can prove otherwise about the cutting the springs let me know. That's just what I've been told by very experienced and knowledgeable suspension experts.

------------------
1996 Mustang GTS
K&N, removed air silencer, 3.55s, turndowns after H-pipe (no mufflers)
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote