Thread: Breaking in...
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2000, 12:39 PM   #2
Ch4nce
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on the new stang! I waited a few months (2500) miles before I really started hounding on my car. But I still drove it kinda hard when it was new. As far as mods go, I started out with new gears (FMS 3.73s), they give you a little more bite when you hit the gas. Mine cost about $400 installed. After the gears I got a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, which compliments the new gears well. The shifter only cost $179 and is very easy to install. I installed that myself. Other minor/cheap things you can do is to get a K&N Air filter. I also removed the air silencer from the airbox. Which is FREE! Although there are mixed feelings about what types of gains you get from this, I figured its worthwhile for my regular street racing. My next mod will be Flowmaster mufflers, and then Im gonna hold off for a while and save some money. Hope this helps ya out a bit on what you can do. For more info on stuff you can do check some of the major websites like Mustangworld.com and stangnet.com.....

------------------
1999 Mustang GT 35th Anniversary Edition - FMS 3.73s, Abbott Compensator, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K&N Air Filter, Air Silencer Removed, Rear Bumper Inserts
Ch4nce is offline   Reply With Quote