Thread: attn mustang92
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2000, 03:29 PM   #2
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

I've had a couple people tell me that but this had happened a few times before the gear change. It just happens more often since the change, plus if I reset the EEC between passes the car will not shutoff but I do lose about 1 MPH at the 1/8 and 1/4 MPH.

I figure it's one of two things. One I run a UPR Big mouth filter which is a regular cone filter in the engine compartment (no air box) and I'm told that it may draw in more air than the MAF is reading and I'm leaning out on the top end, but I'm getting no audible detonation. Second is I just have a bad O2 sensor or other sensor and for whatever reason it's pulling (a lot of) timing out before I cross the traps.

I'm going to try an experiment and run the stock air box and see if it fixes the problem and also get the EEC scanned for codes.

Thanks for the input.

------------------
00 GT, K&N, MAC Tree Killer, Pullies, 4.10’s, 2 chamber Flowmasters, UPR shifter, Weld Pro Stars, Nitto DR’s 13.35@100.02 (1.88 60ft)
88 LX coupe X-FHP, 12pt Cage, UPR K-member, 31 spline rear, full spool, more to come
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote