View Single Post
Old 08-06-2001, 10:14 AM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Cool WOO HOO! RAN NITROUS AT TRACK! (long, real long)

Finally got Nitrous Express kit installed and went straight to the track with the 75 shot jet, new LCA's, and colder plugs. Loads of fun and no problems (other than no tread left on my street tires!) The crowd went wild as I lined up next to an older 5.0 w/slicks, and purged nitrous 15 ft into the night sky! I felt like a top-fuel dragster. Man, people went nuts over that purge valve. I launched easy, careful not to bump the rev limiter in 1st like I often do, and the 5.0 launched at about 5k and shot about 5 car lengths ahead of me. Then my nitrous kicked in. I fishtailed for about 100 feet after shifting into 2nd, completely underestimating its awesome power hit (my buddy in the stands was videotaping and said the crowd went nuts when I shifted into 2nd). Going into 3rd the 5.0 was now about 3 car lengths ahead but the boost in 3rd was equally impressive and by the time I grabbed 4th and went through the traps I had gotten my nose past him (after he was 5 lengths ahead at the start!) Final ET's me: 13.8075 @ 105.6 mph, 60ft 2.3761, reaction:.5934. The 5.0 ran 13.8278 @100.67 mph. My previous best time was around a 14.2 @ 98 mph. I know that a 13.8 is no big deal but how about some opinions on a possible time with some traction looking at the trap speed? On the way home a new Saleen coupe was taunting me on the highway so I flipped down the back seat, turned on the bottle,armed the system, purged 3 times, downshifted into 4th (70mph), and left the Saleen by 20 carlengths by the time I hit 120 (it was not a supercharged Saleen). The advantage over stock with only a 75 shot is to me simply awesome. The car sounds totally different when the nitrous kicks in, hard to describe. I ran all over the place testing out the nitrous after that, even bumped the rev limiter twice at full throttle, with no problems. Next week: 100 shot and slicks. I am very happy with the Nitrous Express Kit.

------------------
Black 2000 GT,5 spd,17" wheels,4:10's, HPM Megabite Jr LCA's, Flowmasters, Steeda pulleys, timing adjuster (11 deg), K&N filter, Nitrous Express w/purge (75shot currently),NGK spark plugs (lower heat range than stock plugs), airbox silencer removed
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote