View Single Post
Old 07-11-2000, 03:10 PM   #1
TonyS
Registered Member

Post Could this be a busted Water Pump Seal?

I have a 96 GT, 5spd. I punched it in 1st gear, (had the A/C on) and when the rpm's jumped up to about 4,500-5,000, I switched to 2nd gear. (The car should be able to take that, not constantly, but once in a while I like to push the car a little. Who doesn't? That's why I bought a Stang in the first place.) The next thing I knew, the coolant light came on, steam poured from the engine compartment, and I had a river of antifreeze behind my car and it sprayed all over my engine compartment. I put water in the resevoir, then started it up to see if I could locate the leak. It sounded fine, so I moved it about 20 feet to a safer spot. I didn't hear anything abnormal, and the car ran normal for that short distance. Then I turned the A/C back on to test it, and that's when it started steaming and spurting. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

------------------
American Made Pride! 96GT, Ported 80mm MAF sensor, KB Super-sub frames, Hooker Aerochamber mufflers, Off-Road H-Pipe, TORCO Racing Oil, K&N Air filter, B&M Ripper shifter, Borg Warner HD Clutch, Air Silencer removed.

[This message has been edited by TonyS (edited 07-11-2000).]
TonyS is offline   Reply With Quote