View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 05:29 PM   #62
Trans Am WS6 420
Registered Member

Well, I read this saga, and I almost cried. I know I would go nuts if that was my car. So I tried to come up with the best way to help.

Oh my, lookie what I found:

http://nsford.com

Phone number: 1-800-525-9810

General Manager: Jim Thompson

Let's see how this plays out.........

Conversation:

Jim: This is Jim:

Me: Hello sir, are you the General Manager of Northside Ford in San Antonio, TX?

Jim: Yes.

Me: Are you aware of the incident today involving one of your technicians taking a customers car on a test drive of speeds of up to 140 MPH? And that when informed of this, your dealership had stated that they were not going to do anything about this out side of firing the technician.

Jim: No, I'm sorry, I'm not.

Me: Well, sir, the technician has bragged about it on a public message board, and the story has gotten around quite a bit today.

Jim: I'm sorry, you're catching me totally off guard with this.... What is the name of the person who's car it was?

Me: I don't have the name of the owner, but I can give you the plate number of the car.

<gives plate # as given on post from tech>

I'm sorry about catching you off guard here Jim. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that that this had happened, and that you were paying close attention to this. This story at this point has made it way across 15 -20 message boards, and has been read by over 100,000 people or more, quite a number of who make up your customer base in San Antonio.

Jim: ....

Me: It seems that this is getting a lot of publicity, and I just wanted to make sure you were aware of what was going on. Probably not a good idea for the internet to hear about your techs beating up on the cars in for service, and you folks not really trying to make things right with the customer.

Jim: And who are you?

Me: I'm just an SVT fan, and a concerned musclecar owner.

Jim: Well, I'm glad you brought this to my attention.

Me: Not a problem Jim, you have a good day.

Hopefully, he will now think twice before telling you they won't do anything..... Best of luck to you!

Remember, it doesn't always matter what you drive.....

- Matt

Just another F-Body....
Trans Am WS6 420 is offline   Reply With Quote