View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 08:21 AM   #21
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

YOU DO NOY NEED AN ALTERNATOR.

I checked the Mustang and fast frod magazine (JAN-FEB ) there is a 4 page article regarding a bullit intake installed in a 99GT.

This is what the magazine says;
" ON A NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE THIS INTAKE IS VIRTUAL BOLT-ON, IF YOU HAVE A BLOWER SOME MODIFICATIONS WILL HAVE TO BE MADE FOR THIS YOU WILL NEED TO USE LONGER AFTREMARKET HOSE.

THE SECONF PROBLEM IS WITH THE ALTERNATOR BRACKET. AGAIN, WITH THE BLOWER, THE BELT DID NOT WANT TO LINE UP CORRECTLY WITH THE PULLEY, BUT THE SIMPLE FIX WAS TO JUST SHIM THE BRACKET WITH WASHERS
ON A NORMALLY ENGINE THIS WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM, BUT THE BLOWER CAUSES THE BRACKET TO HAVE TO BE SHIMMED SLIGHTLY IN ORDER FOR THE BELT TO LINE UP PROPERLY.

"SD Wheeler"
if you don't believe what I am writting send me $1300 and I will send you the magazine

I don't work for a ford dealer I am just a simple computer analyst, I do think that $1300 is a "rip of" but hey if someone wants to pay that much by all means go ahead. This is a forum where we tried helping each, the fact is that ford is salliing the kit for $328 and according to the magazine you do not need an alternator.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote