View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 10:44 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I don't know as it should be a religious view. There are Muslims here as well. It's more of a societal problem. They are using a warped version of a religion to justify their society, though. Religion is probably the single most powerful weapon to persecute another people. I just think its hypocritical, especially of Christian's to talk about a different religion being bad. Of course, some of us like myself may not be religiously affiliated.

You don't have to go to far back to see the idea Christianity being used to justify killing witches, keeping the poor uneducated, hoarding wealth and power, directly controlling society (very much like the Middle East today), annihilating the Aztec, Native American's, and everybody else that stood in the way of hoarding wealth in the "New World."

My sister is studying at Discipleship Training School right now. Soon she will be departing for Brazil to help the people there. In my opinion, there is no amount of help the Christian's can provide to make up for annihilating and enslaving them. I just hope this isn't another crusade to save the poor heathens from death by manipulating them into following a new faith. The US has been attempting such acts in the Middle East for a long time. Why do you think they're so pissed?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote