View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 09:24 AM   #14
Illini
Registered Member

Default yo surfbeast

I hope that you don't beleive that I think that I have 300 at the crank reread my first post. Notice the "riiiight" after the 300 hp sentence, that my friend is sarcasm. You know like in Austin Powers, Dr evil always said Riiight. I was kidding so don't go off saying Illini says he's got 300hp and start sh1t, cuase I never said it seriously. Hence the"riiiight" at the end of the sentence. Tireburner reread my post, you got confused. The way it is worded implies that a catback alone would not produce 20-30hp at the wheels, nor would a offroad pipe alone produce that result with a stock or mildly modded motor. Well the offroad pipe would help hp at higher revs, but the loss of backpressure would hurt you more in downlow tq, which is more important. Hell most catbacks are more for sound then power on stock or mild engines. Okay you might gain a couple ponies and that combined with the aggressive sound might make it worth while(not to me). But the better catbacks are usually 300-650 bucks. It's up to the cars owner what they want to do, not me, not you. I'm just saying I get tired of magazine, bench racers telling how they got super duper mega hp from a little mod that have naturally aspirated cars. Sermons over.

DH
steeda underdrives, timing adjuster, triax, C&L maf, MM strut tower brace and k-member brace, Steeda subs weld-in, steeda tubular front sway bar, bullitt springs ,struts(tokico's)and shocks, bullitt gas door, alum.pedals, MM panhard Bar, cobra 13" front brake upgrade. ON THE WAY TO BECOMING A TRACK *****
66' 2 dr malibu;
355 cube 4-bolt main, steel crank, chevy pink rods, KB 10.7 to1 pistons, ported double humps 202&160, torkerII intake, rejetted holley 650 D.P., crane ignition box, comp.cam roller rockers& 280 degree cam, balanced to 8500 rpm, hooker super comps, 3000 rpm stall and built turbo 350 tranny. dynoed at 543hp and 582 tq
Illini is offline   Reply With Quote