View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 02:37 AM   #1
Blue01GT
Registered Member

Exclamation Hey Mustang92!!!

Mustang92, i hope you read this message....

I saw your post about the 4.10 gears..and i saw that you have steeda UD pulleys and a TA adjuster. I have a 2001 GT and i just bought steeda UD pulleys and the TA adjuster. im about to install them and i already got my tank full of 92 octane. I wanna know something and since you have the parts on your car already...

What timing can i safely do on my (otherwise) stock engine? i heard 12-13 with 92 octane is max safest, but what timing do you think is good? also, is it safe to throw a bottle of octane booster into the tank along with 92 octane gas? with the octane booster, could i bump it up another couple degrees?

Also, how difficult is it to install 4.10 gears, and where can i get my speedometer recalibrated? i dont wanna pay $400 for an install and i dont wanna pay $150 for the computer. i got lots of tools and have messed with lots of cars but ive never done a rear end gear install.

Please letme know either reply to this thread or email me at blueshuttle@earthlink.net

thanx!!
Blue01GT