View Single Post
Old 12-17-1999, 08:12 AM   #4
Red96GT
Registered Member

Update:

WD-40 did the trick. Sprayed some as soon as I got home, let it soak while I farted around with some of the strut stuff, sprayed them again, went in and ate dinner. Came back and with my 8" 3/8" drive ratchet and 18mm socket off they came. One or two small things though. Driver's side no problem. Passenger side though, top bolt came off with the nut. What I mean is, on the Driver side I removed the 2 nuts, on pass. side the nut never moved from it's position, it seems I removed the bolt from the header with the nut still it it's original place (x pipe side). Doesn't look like I broke anything, the bolt isn't shiny on the top, there's even a few tiny rust spots on it. Guess I'll be able to re-install it when the time comes??? Oh, and I only had an 18mm deep socket, and you just cannot get that on the lower Pass. bolt with a ratchet attached. Quick trip at lunch time for a regular 18mm socket and that pipe should be off.

Thanks to all for the help. Oh, and I don't know how you could use a torch on the passenger side without melting a whole bunch of other shit.
Red96GT is offline   Reply With Quote