MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
Jason1320
Registered Member

Default Intake upgrades

I'm getting ready to upgrade the intake side of my stang. Would it be better to replace everything at once or one piece at a time? I have ordered a mass air sensor, throttle body, throttle body spacer, and plenum.

I ask this because in my line of work you upgrade things one at a time. That way if something fails you know what caused it. On the other hand I don't want to take the throttle body off three times if I don't really need to.

Thanks,
Old 02-21-2004, 06:41 AM   #2
acidskie
Registered Member

Must be in the IT field too huh
acidskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Do it all at the same time if you have everything on order. You will save lots of time. The only downside is that if one of these components is bad (which is really not likely) and you have a problem with the car, you won't know which component is the problem. But, like I said, that should not be a problem. The only moving part is the TB and the only thing that you can mess up might be the throttle cable or installing the TPS wrong.

Make SURE to disconnect the battery as the computer will need to be re-programmed when you start the car back up. And, install all hoses correctly.

BTW, I don't think you need the intake spacer with a new plenum. I know this is 100% true with a C&L plenum, not sure with others.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote