MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-11-2000, 09:42 AM   #1
Alex Gottfried
Registered Member

Thumbs up 1st time owner

Hi,
I'm a first time Mustang owner. I bought a '99 GT in June of '99, just wanted to say this car rules. It's unbelievably quick off the line, and dominates in 4th gear on the hi-way! I'm definetely considering making some minor modifications to make her a little faster, where's the first place you'd recommend I get started? Any advice would be appreciated. By the way, F Camaro's!
Alex Gottfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 09:50 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hehe,
Welcome to the fold...
A gear change to 3.73s is the best first mod in my opinion.
Then add an after-market shifter like a Steeda Tri-Ax...
(If you have a manual transmission that is.)
Pulleys are also an easy mod...

Just to name a few...

------------------
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
"Traction Impaired" or "Nitto Needy"

Pilot Proverb:
If all you can see out of the window is ground that's going round and round and all you can hear is commotion coming from the passenger compartment, things are not at all as they should be.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 08-11-2000).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 09:55 AM   #3
cravnpup
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hmmm, lets see....
Cat-back, headers, X-pipe, T-body, MAF, Fuel pressure reg., fuel pump, injectors, supercharger, nitrous, Cold air induction, port and polish, extrude hone, pulleys, computer, ignition, aluminum driveshaft, 3:73's, light-weight wheels, clutch, flywheel, shifter, springs, shocks, anti-roll bars, strut tower braces.....

That should at least get you started in the right direction. Welcome to the wonderful world of Mustangs...

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N
Future Mods: Too Many to list
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 10:31 AM   #4
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Thumbs up

"some minor modifications to make her a little faster" screams gears! You think the car pulls hard now, try it with a set of 3.73s.

The other simple, good starting point modification, is under drive pulleys. Pulleys cost less then $200, install easily and are good for 6-8 hp and torque.

The gears will cost about $170 for the parts, and depending on where you go, $200-? for the installation.

Welcome to the top of a very slipperly slope...

------------------
1997 Cobra
Suspension: Steeda G Trac. Tokico Illumina shocks and struts, Sport Springs, upper and lower control arms, cc plates, rear adjustable sway bar, front sway bar, subframe connectors, bushings, Cobra R wheels

Exhaust (soon): FRPP ceramic headers, Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, Dynomax Ultra Flow cat-back

Bolt-ons: 4.10s, Steeda Tri-Ax, Pro-M 80mm, K&N, Steeda Underdrive pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster (soon)
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote