MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
boister
Registered Member

Unhappy help, whining sound on new 99 stang

I just bought my 99 mustang gt yesterday. Its an mtx, and drives and sounds perfect with only 45K on it. I have one problem with it though, when im driving it and its reving at about 2-3000rpm I hear a whining soung coming either from the motor or tranny. When I look under the hood and i rev it up I cant really hear the sound but when Im in the car I can hear it. The guy at the dealership told me all 5-speed 4.6liter mustangs sound like that. My friend has a ATX stang same year and his dosent make it. I think the guy at the dealer is lying to me. What could this problem be or is it true all 4.6 MTX mustangs whine like that. It almost sounds like a bad ground whine coming through the speakers except thats not the problem..........
boister is offline   Reply With Quote