MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2002, 11:04 PM   #1
02Lars
Registered Member

Default new owner

I have dreamed of owning a mustang for almost 6 years now and it finally came true today. Unfortunately a wreck and a totalled pickup brought me here. Since I am new I have a few questions. I have an 02 gt and the axle code is LE. What is my ratio? Also I had a superchip flip chip in my 98 f150; aside from having to reprogram the chip will it work? I also had a nitrous express kit on the truck and it was generally accepted not to go over a 100 shot to be safe. What's ok on these cars? The truck ran mid 13's, can't wait to see it on my gt. I guess first will be an x pipe and high flow mufflers. Any recomendations to what works best? Flowmasters sounded great on my other 4.6 so I'm leaning that way again. I've also looked into the C&L kit but this is new to me. Any suggestions?
02Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #2
Torinalth
Registered Member

the 100 should be just fine. I'd do a wet install or direct port injection.

the Xpipe will do well, though I'd pair it with a basini muffler set instead of flows. I'd also look to long tube headers, but then you'd need a short Xpipe.....

for other items of interest, pulleys, gears (4.10 seems popular on the board) and the shaker hood. you could also do an ignition system with spark amp and coil, change the timeing, cams, intake manifold, larger MAF, larger oval TB.... then the larger items like boreing the engine, stroker kits, superchargers, and turbo chargers.....

Torinalth
Old 06-19-2002, 11:51 PM   #3
project2OOOGT
Registered Member

i agree with torinalth.... go wet ........alot of ppl seem to have good luck with it....low 12 sec 1/4 times...... i have the bassani o/r X and most ppl claim the straight through muffler works better with an X ( baffled for the H ) i have mac cat - back and get alot of compliments on the sound but as far as quality goes it leave something to be desired ..... i will save my money next time and go with saleen bassani or the magnaflow so i have all SS exhaust ....no more aluminized for me ....................as far as the chip goes i dunno but i doubt it will work
bassani X
underdrive pullies
hpm subframes
kirban short shifter
mac cai
mac cat back
17x9 cobra r's
315/35/17 nitto dr in the back
255/45/17 kuhmo ecsta's in the front
3.90 gear

auto logic chip is next
project2OOOGT is offline   Reply With Quote