MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
ltrclwn
Registered Member

Default hello everyone!

Hello..i just joined...it is cool to be around alot of people with the love for the mustang....and gain valuable information from everyones experiences......

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98 stang.jpg (82.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Welcome to the board! That's a nice looking stang you have there. What mods do you have on it?
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
ltrclwn
Registered Member

thank you....
mods current:
3.73 gears, rear end totally rebuilt(by ford under warranty but with my parts, helps knowing people), eibach pro springs, polyurethane bushings all around, pro 5.0 shifter, vortech @8 psi(for now), FRPP 70mm throttle bottle, demon coil packs, and live wires, 180 degree thermostat, external fuel pump, 42lb injectors, computer retuned by steeda, voretch FMU, autometer phantom gages boost/fuel, autometer shift light(all on a pillar), custom built x-pipe with high flow cats, flowmaster 3 chamber exhaust to keep it quieter(doesnt help on WOT)
mods coming w/in month:
bullit intake, voretch@10psi
cosmetic:
chrome steeda door sil plates, billit a/c controls, Y2K cobra R's(purchased from ford(price was too good to pass for authentic wheels)) flaming pony grill emblem
cosmetic deciding on:
cobra r hood, cervinis stalker front bumper(think i am going to pass, but not sure on doing more cosmetic in the search for over 500rwhp)

trying to keep as factory looking but be neck snapping fast! love the sleeper look

Matt
Old 03-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #4
96_4.6
Registered Member

Exclamation

Thats a sweet looking ride and thats awesome you want to keep it looking factory but i dont know about that flaming pony grill......they have that horse that lights up now when you turn your lights on thats pretty cool

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
ltrclwn
Registered Member

the flammin pony grew on me at first i didnt like but after a couple of days it made the car stand out...plus one little silly thing has attracted more comments then anything else....more people ask me about the pony emblem and my wheels.......so it makes it nice....as far as the light up one....i dont know about it..have to see it first only have seen in the magazines...

Matt
Old 03-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Welcome and sweet looking ride.

Love the sleeper look, but when you look that good ..... who are you really sneaking up on?

Excellent mods.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 10:28 PM   #7
ltrclwn
Registered Member

beautiful ride "smoke"...looks awesome.........i really like your hood and ground effects kit.......can i ask you a question..where did you get the clear headlight lenses..and how much....mine are starting to get hazed and i have been looking for a set of clear but everything i find doesnt come with the rubber seal around the edges so i am afraid they will take in water....

Matt
Old 03-25-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

Nice ride IT. I am interested in getting the three chamber flows for my 96 gt. I also want something a bit quieter mainly because i don't want to make too much noist starting up in the morning. What do you mean "doesn't help WOT" ?
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 11:44 AM   #9
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

One thing I don't see on your mod list... new heads...

Those 98 heads are holding you back.... big time...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #10
ltrclwn
Registered Member

cousinrob....the three chambers are quiet considering...not too loud at all......have a nice growl to them.......definately wont wake the neighborhood in the morning.....unless you have done heads/cam work on the car....i have not as of yet.....and not too much drone at the 2000-2400 rpm range which flowmaster is notorious for........what i mean by WOT is the car is relatively wuuiet(you can hear the difference in idle sound and normal driving) but when the gas pedal goes to the floor the car screams.......defiantely an attention graber...

Hammer....i havent done the heads yet as funds have not allowed me too.....plus i dont want to do the heads until i can do the entire motor at one time while she is open and out of the car....it is not that the heads are expensive.......and the rest of the motor work for parts....it isnt...but i have to rely on a shop to do the work for me...and labor kills me..the prices are crazy....and i am at there mercy as i will only trust my car to select people based on there reputation....nothing worse then haveing someone screw up your motor..or installation of a part..

basic bolt on's i can do......with help......but serious stuff i wish i worked at a shop......