MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2003, 03:02 AM   #1
Mjp-GT
Registered Member

Question Springs/Suspension Questions...

Ok here is my current setup...

FMS C-Springs (cut one coil in the rears (dead coil))
Bilstein 03 Cobra Struts
Bilstein HD shocks
Aluminum Off-set rack bushings

Now...here's my question. First off, I did not achieve the drop I wanted with the C-springs. I can still fit a clinched fist in the wheel gap. Now...I was wondering if my shocks/struts had anything to do with why the c-springs didn't lower it that much? Cause they are much stiffer...would that even matter? I'd like the drop of a Saleen. But if I bought the Racecraft Progressive Springs...would it once again not lower it as much because of my shocks/struts? Also, are the Eibach Sportlines the same spring as the Saleen's?

Also...does the larger wheel have anything to do with the less gap since Saleen's are 18"s and mine are 17"s. I'm not sure if they just have lower profile tires so the diameter is the same, or if it is indeed bigger.

Lastly...would the Eibach Sportlines, or the Saleen Racecraft Progressive Rate's work with my current setup with the Bilstein's? I don't know the spring rates on them and how good they'd match up with my shocks/struts combo.

Thanks a lot,
-Matt
Mjp-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Your dampers should not be affecting your ride height. The springs you mentioned would be fine with the Bilsteins. I also like H&R springs due to the wide selection of stiffnesses and ride heights they offer.
The tires on the 18" Saleen wheels are 35 series, so there is very little difference between their overall height and the stock ones.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 01:38 PM   #3
Mjp-GT
Registered Member

Thanks man! Btw...which springs would you recommend H&R SS's, Saleen Progressive Rate Racecraft, or Eibach Sportlines? And would they all provide an almost idenical drop to a Saleen? I want the drop to be even all the way around as well.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the help.
-Matt
Mjp-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I prefer the H&R's myself, but Eibachs and Saleen springs are also good quality. I have the H&R Race on my Pace Car and a buddy has the S/S on his '89 vert and both cars handle well and the ride is not too bad. Check out maximummotorsports.com for a breakdown of how much drop each model gives in the front and rear and the stiffnesses.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:16 AM   #5
GodStang
College Stanger

I have H&R SS. I love them. I have alot more control of my car in turns.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
GaryDawg
Registered Member

H&R Supersports all the way...

So many people talk about getting the FMS-C springs because they are cheaper... but then as soon as they put them on, they don't like them...
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote