MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #1
spyder210
Registered Member

Default should i buy this car?

Hi, my 97 gt's intake manifold recently ruptured sending antifreeze throughout my engine bay...f'n plastic pieces of crap lol...

ford is fixing for free due to callback on em

anyways in the pre owned section i saw a 2001 dark shadow grey 5 spd gt....loaded...mach 460 black leather, the works

here is wat is not stock on it....it has steeda dress up pedals, stteda white face gauges, a steeda shifter ball, and it has a cai kit that goes into the fenderwell....i'm not sure which kit it is,, but it goes into the fenderwell and has a k and n or similiar filter in there...it is chrom and goes all the way up to the Throttle body

also i think it might be lowered........i have to get a complete list of what is done to it

now here are some problems.....it has 17 inch bullit rims....they have some minor scratches on them but not to bad at all

there is a paint chip on the front bumper and two on the passanger side door each about half a centameter long....

also there seems to be condensation in the taillights? wtf is that?

now...they are asking mid 15 g's for it.....it has 37,900 miles...that is alot for an 01'

wat are all of your opinions on this? shall i get it???
spyder210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

my boss has an 02 GT that has condensation in both front and rear light housings. As far as paint chips that is a common problem anywhere. As far as price, check the NADA site and put in the info. Prices vary for milage and the area you live in. NEVER pay full retail. A little above trade value is OK. a dealer or seller is due a litttle profit! The mods seem minor but check the tranny for any noises that may mean the car has been dogged.

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2003, 02:42 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Crap, I only paid $18,200 for my NEW 2002 GT VERT! Although I did get a smoking deal, but still, I'd rather have a stock car and do the mod's myself.

I think the price is too high, negotiate it down some (OK a lot).

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 07:25 PM   #4
95sho
Registered Member

95mustanggt - how'd you get your deal? please share!
95sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
spyder210
Registered Member

Default price

Hey guys i f'd up on the price a little it isn't mid 15's.

it is only 14,900

it has a lot of miles for its age (37900)

but the mods thing is minor to me....it is mostly eye candy stuff...cmon white gauges, steeda shift ball, and pedal covers...

and the CAI kit was annoying me a lil but it aint' bad b/c it was bought from steeda and is one of those ones that goes directly into the fenderwell for actual outside air instead of engine air...it looks nice too...

and it has that steeda intake name plate on it

no biggie with the mods

but now its time for a test drive to see how she runs!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:05 PM   #6
spyder210
Registered Member

Default the reason ur price is so low

not to sound liek an a hole but the reason ur price was low on ur new 02 gt vert is b/c u live in canada.....i live in the NYC suburbs and for that car it is about 26 grand probably more
Old 03-31-2003, 08:26 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Sticker price on the car was CDN$ 38,000 or roughly US$25,500.

I bought the car in January with about 3 feet of snow on the ground, it was a 2002 Demo with 6000 Km, 3600 miles on it.

I was dealing with 4 dealerships, who all were trying to sell there 2002's as the 2003's were on the lots.

I walked in to the 4th dealer and told him what I wanted, CDN$28,000 and 0% interest over 5 years. He came back and said, you are the proud owner of a silver 2002 GT vert!

It was kinda funny, because 2 of the other dealers called back to tell me they were ready to deal (I had that price and financing stuck in my head and was walking if a dealer wouldn't do the deal). It felt pretty good to say, sorry, you had your chance, I'm buying a car from this dealer.

Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: the reason ur price is so low

Quote:
Originally posted by spyder210
not to sound liek an a hole but the reason ur price was low on ur new 02 gt vert is b/c u live in canada.....i live in the NYC suburbs and for that car it is about 26 grand probably more
GT's are the same price, Cobras are about $10,000 (US$6,000) cheaper! And that's sticker price.

What helps is that when there is snow on the ground, no one else is even thinking about buying a vert, so that's the time to buy them, you get the price and the financing you want (0% over 5 years)

Don't worry, you don't sound like a "hole".