MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
acidskie
Registered Member

Default Pipes

I have my 02 GT and it has some sort of MAC cat-back on it from what i can tell. I have not had the car up on a rack yet to see what it is for sure.

1st... Is MAC a pretty good system?

2nd... Besides shape, whats the diff between a H pipe and a X pipe?

3rd... I know it has a K&N air filter *its in a black plastic "box"*. Is this stock and if so why change it? K&N is supposed to be the best right?

4th... I am very very new to the whole V8 Domestic scene. I have had nothing but a 91 laser 2.0 DOHC for the past who knows how many years. I know enough about the Gen 2 Eclipes, but thats not what I ended up with he he he I am looking to add on to the car slowly and if a few of you were to sort of Map the Course for the new guy... I would be thankful.
acidskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

1. Look at the FAQ.
2. Do a search, that's what its there for.
3. Have fun.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
acidskie
Registered Member

Wink

Great input duece... Thanks...

Ok.. anyone else who would like to add/help out a little more.. please do so
Old 10-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #4
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

1- Is it a catback mac or the x/h pipe?I have a magnaflow cat back,and it sounded pretty good,but still muffled.So i put a mac off road x pipe on the car,and it really shined.The sound is AWESOME.I know that people have troubles fitting mac products,and i had too,but nothing you can't work around.But as far as sound i say it's great.Performance wise you should see about the same with all the aftermarket parts though.Also the mac has a new design that seems to be exclusive to them.And that's they're pro chamber.It's not an x nor an h pipe,but a chamber connecting all the pipes.

2- X pipe are louder and make more power on the top end.H pipes are quieter,and make more power in the lower end.I'm not sure if that is totally true,but that's what i think the differences are having read alot of these threads.

3- A k&n filter usually goes into the stock box of your air filter,and is not stock.The stock filter is white.I would leave it in because there's no need to replace something that get's the job done good enough.

4- Use the search please.There's just too many things to list.I posted a huge list of things a long time ago with pictures and links to sites where you can find those things,but i can't find the thread any more.Anyway,just use the search.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:50 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by acidskie
Great input duece... Thanks...

Ok.. anyone else who would like to add/help out a little more.. please do so
Dude, if you would lose a little attitude, and do what I suggested, you'd see at least 15 seperate threads with the same questions you asked.

Geez, people get a car and think they are the first ones to ever have the thought of modifying it. Guess what, the 4.6 has been in the GT for 8 years as of 04, is almost all been done before....

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:32 PM   #6
acidskie
Registered Member

Thanks Jaegermeister2k

Duece...Below is only for you.

I was more less joking around *at first* and I have read the FAQ. But making the post is also a way for me to start to get to know those here and learn from them directly. It opens things up for me to ask them questions like "how do you feel that upgrade was bang for the buck?" & "have you had any issues after doing it?"

I don't care if I'm the first or the last... I just want to do it this way and will. You do it yours... I'll do it mine.

Do me a favor... don't post to any of my topics or posts again and I'll do the same for yours.
Thanks.