MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default mustang parts

hey guys...

my 2002 GT is now in the shop... I was rear ended by a guy in a 95 civic and really did some damage... so now i have a few questions...

1 - where can i get a OEM parts for cheaper then from ford... is there a place?

2 - the following pieces i KNOW are going to be replaced so i'm looking to lower or same cost as OEM but preferably better in performance: Mufflers are toast and i'm not sure about mid pipe yet, rear bumper is gone, decklid and spoiler are gone, gas tank is gone, and even the rear seats are damaged (if they are needed to be replaced then i'm going to make a rear seat delete thingy)

so what do you guys think? i know i'm getting an aftermarket rear bumper, but the saleen s351 is going to cost too much i think... and I'm getting the cobra R spoiler, beyond that anything you can add will be appreciated.

Torinalth
Old 10-15-2003, 05:17 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

The only way I have ever heard of buying OEM parts cheap is if you buy used. Some parts dealers are cheaper than the Ford dealers and even some Ford dealers are cheaper than other Ford dealers. I know thats not any help, but all in all you just need to do the homework to get the best deal. If you want used parts go to Mustang Parts Specialties. They can ship you anything you need.

Good luck

Now go kick that civic drivers AZZ
Old 10-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #3
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE
Registered Member

Default Parts

www.fordpartsnetwork.com has some decent prices... U may want to think about getting some body parts aftermarket as they are probably cheaper... Mufflers, Spoiler, rear bumper, lights, etc... www.californiamustang.com sells saleen body kits and all that, plus some other stuff i think... they may even have the trunk lid and other things... http://www.mustangsunlimited.com also has some OE Stuff as well as aftermarket... http://www.ford-auto-and-parts.com/ also has crap loads of parts... used and new... http://johnsmustang.com has original ford and reproduction body parts... I say them specifically because i remember they have a bunch of Decklids with and or with out spoilers... thats just a few places right off the top of my head.... If they aren't to your liking... www.google.com and do a search for mustang parts... i think there are over 20000 stores online... so good luck... Hope this helps

U do need to go kick that civic drivers ***... Throw him a beating within an inch of his life... :P
Ported Factory Heads, New Performance valvetrain , BBK 62MM TB, Sean Hyland Spec Stage One Cams, Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-ax, Mac Cold Air, Saleen Wheels (18x9 & 18x10), Among other things...

"I Like anything Fast Enough to Do Something Stupid In"
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #4
Torinalth
Registered Member

I'm waiting for the insurance company to give me my money, so i can then i can be done with them, then i'll track the guy down and beat him... my mustang comes first

Torinalth