MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
dubljay@aol.com
Registered Member

Angry Starting/Stalling Problems

I can go for days without a problem, then my mustang will startup and 15 seconds later will stall out and won't start for 15-45 minutes, then out of no where will fire right up and drive for 5-10 minutes then stall again and repeat the same process where I can go for days without a problem, once the car stalls it will crank over with plenty of power but the engine just won't fire.
dubljay@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 08:52 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Try replacing the fuel filter first. It's cheap and a good place to start. Sometimes if there's an obstruction it can block fuel flow and then drift back down the fuel line causing the "starts sometimes/ stalls" scenerio.

Just a thought.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 12:29 PM   #3
Ripper
Registered Member

Smile

I posted a similar topic about a month ago without getting many replies. My car would struggle starting up in the mornings (it seemed that way). One morning it took about 20 tries before starting. I took it to the dealer. They said it was a loose ground wire from the fuel pump. Okay, go to pick up the car and it won't start (afternoon now, I'm surprised). Walk into the service dept and tell them the car won't start. Hmmm, very puzzling. It turns out the car wasn't getting any fuel due to the throttle valve assembly(?) being jammed closed. It was replaced and the car fired right up. The tech who worked on the car said they've had trouble with this part recently.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, Steeda strut tower brace & Tri-ax
(Upcoming mods: subframes (bought), Bassani X (next), & FMS 3.73s

[This message has been edited by Ripper (edited 08-26-2001).]
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 02:47 PM   #4
cvenom96
Registered Member

The idle air control valve on my 96 Cobra gets stuck all the time especially when it is very humid outside. It will crank but idles very low and will die if you give it gas then let off. Strangly enough all it takes to unstick it is to pop it with a screw driver. Just my $.02!
cvenom96 is offline   Reply With Quote