MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
tdittmer6
Registered Member

Question New GT

I have a 2002 GT and am interested in getting a supercharger. I am assuming buying one myself and putting it on would void my warranty? Does anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks in advance....

Todd
tdittmer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:00 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Finally! A new GT owner who is being smart. Congrats on your sweet new ride. Please, don't go the bolt on route! Yes, a supercharger will cause your dealer to try to void your warranty, but don't worry about that for now. If I were you, I'd simply slap on a full Vortech kit with intercooler, run low boost, like 9, and get a great dyno tune. You should be putting out about 380-400hp right off the bat, and you can still fill in the bolt on's as necessary, ie: exhaust. I wish so much that I had saved the 3500 I put into my GT and instead just put a blower on from the start. Best of luck to you.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:02 AM   #3
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Go for the blower! I agree with S/L Warrior, save your money and buy a blower instead of expensive bolt-ons that don't do crap. I would get a Procharger P1-SC for the blower though. I think it is a bit better than the Vortech kits. The P1-SC is mainly a street blower though. If your building a serious street/strip car, get their D1-SC. Plus since you want to install it yourself, the Procharger are easier to install because they are self contained (hence, the 'SC') and you won't have to tap your oil pan for an feed line.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
apenn

Default Love My Vortech!

I just had a Vortech S-Trim installed on my '00 GT. All I gotta say is it is awsome! Shocking increase in power, it's great. I have 30k miles on the car when installed and I wish I had put it on sooner. I had it installed in a speed shop in Orlando, FL, Powered By Ford. Real professionals they were great. Try the following website for your research on superchargers, they're a bit Vortech biased, but have excellent info on superchargers.
http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/tech.htm
Old 05-14-2002, 11:38 PM   #5
Torinalth
Registered Member

hey guys, I'll be around a hell of a lot from now on.... but liek the guy listed above I was looking into the Vortech V2 Strim. now what si the difference between using a blower vs standard SC.... now if you are talking about one of the foll out of the hood blowers then that is just not my style. I kinda want to see the Z06 cry when a "stock" mustang rips him apart. but are we just atlking a working hod scoop inside the 2002 hood? or a full overhead intake direct to a large bore Throttle body?

Torinalth
Old 05-15-2002, 12:26 AM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Making a Z06 cry is going to be damn tough. See my response to you in the thread you started. There's a solid plan in there.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #7
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Install cost

apenn - how much did it cost to have your Vortech installed? I am planning on getting one in September and will probably have someone install it for me.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:29 PM   #8
apenn

Default Install Cost Reply

The install cost me $485. What was interesting though was that the price of the supercharger from the Vortech website was about $3600. The speedshop I bought it from sold me the kit for $3195. The savings practically paid for the install. What a deal!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:35 PM   #9
apenn

Default Vortech out of the hood??

I'm not sure why Torinalth mentions his concern about having the blower sticking out of the hood. The Vortech S-Trim line fits completely under the hood very nicely. No body work is necessary to make it fit. Take a look at Vortech's website and you'll see pictures of them installed.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:42 PM   #10
Torinalth
Registered Member

when talking about a blower I usually take it as a full out of the hood intake feeding the engine, not just the FI of a supercharger. that is what I was meaning, and yes I do know that a Vortech or procharger will be smal enough to tuck inside the engine bay with no problems.

Torinalth