MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2002, 04:11 PM   #1
MineralGray02K
Registered Member

Default my next mod is for free, what should it be?

For my birthday, september 11 , my awesome, not to mention HOT girlfriend wants to buy me something for my car...It's a 2002 Mustang GT 5 speed with 3,000 miles on it. Now I don't know what I should ask her for...I have the K & N air filter with the air silencer removed, and flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber mufflers, which sound great. I was either thinking of a 3.73 rear, pullies, MAF, or whatever else is under $200'ish. Another buddy of mine ordered me the Bullitt shiftknob, the Bullitt shift bezel, and the Bullitt door locks.

I REALLY need your input on my next mod...Obviously I want the most power out of my next mod, somethign that I will actually feel. Thanks.

Mustang Write Ups
MineralGray02K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Gears at this point would be the most bang for the buck. If she's that hot, let her spend it on herself for you, if you know what I mean.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
GaryDawg
Registered Member

Have her get you a new "short throw" shifter... (Tri-ax or Pro 5.0)

...and tell her that every time you wrap your fingers around your stick, you'll be thinking of her...!!!!
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:30 PM   #4
Titan
Registered Member

For under $200, you're not going to find something that you can notice a gain in HP. Pullies vary, some say they can feel it, others say they can't. It's only a few HP. Gears would be great, but that $200 would only get you the gears. By the time you get the overhaul kit, speedo calibrator, and install bill you'll be looking at spending atleast $350 (not including the gears themselves). MAF and TB won't do you much on a stock engine. You could get lowering springs, but you'll stop lose time off the line (you look better losing, though).

I agree w/ gary, get a Pro 5.0 shifter, that's what I want for my next mod (and probably final, too). You won't notice a power increase, but you will never miss third again.

Another option, you could add on to that money and get an o/r H-pipe. They are about a 25 HP improvement. If you have emissions and need cats, though, they will cost you. If not, lose that stock 6-cat system...it kills performance.

Black on Black 98' GT 5-Speed
Mods = Stuff
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:40 PM   #5
MineralGray02K
Registered Member

Well she could buy me the gears, and I can pay to have them installed. Would it be worth it to put the gears on next?

Mustang Write Ups
Old 09-07-2002, 03:00 AM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by MineralGray02K
Well she could buy me the gears, and I can pay to have them installed. Would it be worth it to put the gears on next?
oh fo sho get gears as your next mod.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #7
MineralGray02K
Registered Member

Okay great....Thanks for all your guys input, I appreciate it...It will be hard to celebrate my birthday on such a crappy day, September 11 (9-11), but I will try. The hero's who fell will never be forgotten.

Anyway...My buddy bought me the Bullitt shiftknob, Bullitt bezel, and Bullitt door locks for my b-day...And I think my girlfriends mom might buy me the Bullitt gas cap.

After the gears, I am going to either do pullies or MAF. Then I should be cookin with gas

Mustang Write Ups
Old 09-12-2002, 10:49 AM   #8
stangman96
Ford Dealer Mechanic

gears yes, o/r h-pipe worth 20-25 hp, not in this lifetime??? c'mon titan, where do u get this info from........ look, go with the gears, you dont even need a speedo calibrator, u can get the HEC module updated from a ford dealership, befriend a technician who uses the WDS or NGS and get that taken care of, may cost you a case of beer, but it is cheaper then 75 bucks for any shop to do it, or if u buy the calibrator, you pay like 100 bucks for that, then have to install it yourself or pay to get it done....... anyway, GEARS MAN, GEARS... you will FEEL the gears and never want to go back!!!!