MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Lady Desire
proud pony

Default how to make a regular 2006 mustang go as fast as a GT?

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post, sorry if this thread has been posted before but if necessary, you can close it down. anyway, i don't really know too much about the car except pumping the tires and easy such stuff but i'm really interested in making it going more fast. i wanted to make it go as fast as GT. i was wondering if anyone can tell me how much it would cost to boost up the speed and adding an additional exhaust pipe. i'm assuming, to make it go faster, you'd have to have a second exhaust pipe. thanks.
Lady Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Warlock
Registered Member

Smile Re: how to make a regular 2006 mustang go as fast as a GT?

Hi, this is my first time on this site. But to answer your question, you really should just trade your V-6 Stang in on a new 07 GT. The amout of money it would take to make your car run with a GT would be great!

And after you managed to do it, " if you could " you would have a car that no longer is the dependable ride you have now. If you have an 06 Stang now, run down to your dealer, and drive a new GT.

After that, you wont have any more questions. By the way, your a major hottie!
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: how to make a regular 2006 mustang go as fast as a GT?

Hi Lady.

I'm sure the above post wasn't exactly what you were looking for.

Now an 06 v-6 is no slouch itself, so a couple quick tricks will have you outrunnig stock GT's in no time. Both of these ideas will void your warranty, but you will see some good performance gains.

1) Supercharger. There are a few different places that make them for your car, and complete kits are available. I'll be honest, they aren't cheap, but going fast costs money. Check out

www.procharger.com
www.vortech.com

Secondly, putting a steeper gear in the rear-end will make better use of the power you already have. Your Ford dealer could set you up with those, as could any reputable performance shop.

Hope that helps, welcome aboard.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
Stang_Gang
Stang_Gang_Performance

like the deuce said the new v6's have good power. the 4.0 is a great engine. check out Super Six Motorsports to get some ideas there are stroked out v6's out there that run low 9 sec quarter mile times. if i were you i would start with a cold air intake,sct or diablosport preadator programer, and a dual exhaust kit,underdrive pulleys,and mabey a set of 3:73 or 4:10 gears then you will be well into gt terirory. also the dual exhaust will require a rear bumper change which is very simple. check out OEM Parts & OEM Wheels - Original Equipment Parts from NewTakeOff for your bumper, they are new, you can get the color you need so not painting cost, plus they are only 160.00 bucks. you may also want to go to Ford Mustang, Mustang Cobra & Shelby Mustang GT - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine and order back issue october 07 it shows a chick with a supercharged v6 running mid 12's
hope this helps some and good luck with your v6 stang
98 "COBRA"
03 GT
07 GT
Stang_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
GT350-H6088
Registered Member

There is a Site Called Mustang Collective 4.0
Deticated to V6 Performance..
Rygen's V6 Turbo car runs 10.9 in the 1/4 mile

The Mustang Collective Forums - Powered by vBulletin
MODS: JLT II CAI - JBA LT Headers - JBA Catted H Pipe - Steeda UDP - Steeda CMDP - FRPP 4.10 Gears - FRPP GTA Axle Backs - TCI Super Street Fighter 3500 - Spyder Aluminum DS - CHE LCA - M&H 275/50 17 DR's
GT350-H6088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
Lady Desire
proud pony

well, thanks for the sites and advice. i haven't been on this site in a while but will continue to look around. my husband doesn't want to trade in for a GT just because it looks like one of those one of a kind mustang that you might not see anywhere else. the only thing about it is that it's vista blue with silver stripes and not too manyhave we seen with people driving that silver striped color. usually we see the white stripes. i think the silver is pretty neat.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
acrozier
Registered Member

I hate it when people respond to this question with "then buy a GT".
Geesh....these V6s can outrun a GT with the proper upgrades and still be cheaper than a GT. Very good deals are out there on used V6s. Add a supercharger....like the X-charger and you will have the power to outrun a stock GT. Plus, when you aren't romping on the gas pedal, you will still have the economy of the V6. I get 30mpg on my V6 on the highway....not to mention a buttload of savings on insurance!
acrozier is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: