MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-24-2000, 09:27 AM   #1
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Kinda hate to say it, but all the reasons you mentioned are true.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 08:31 PM   #2
T_Bone
Registered Member

Question Should I ?

I'm thinking about getting rid of my '96 4.6 and getting a '95 Cobra. Do you think this is a good idea? Will I regret it later?
I know modding is cheaper, and there are a lot more choices when modding.

Any thoughts?

------------------
T-Bones '96GT

'96 GT 5-speed
Roush Cold Air Kit w/ K&N, 80MM Mass Air, Mac Cat-Back, Mac Pro Chamber H-Pipe, FMS 3.73's, FMS 70MM TB, March U/D Pulleys, Steeda Tri-Ax.
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2000, 11:08 AM   #3
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

There seems to be a certain mystique about Cobras. I get excited everytime I see one - they're just cool. I say get it. My problem is i'm greedy. I want a Cobra badly, but I don't want to get rid of the Mustangs I have so it'll be a while before I get one. But I will. Don't they only make like 10,000 of them a year? Owning one would make you feel pretty exclusive I would imagine.

Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, Flamethrower Coil, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers, Holley carb, three row radiator

96 GT Convertible
Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, B&M Ripper
K&N, removed air silencer, Tokico non-adjustable struts/ shocks (more to come)
Next up: 3:73's and side exhaust
www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?258
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2000, 12:18 PM   #4
97snakedriver
Registered Member

In 95 they made 4,255 coupes and 1,003 convertables for 5,258 total. 95 is the second most unusual year, 93 being the rare. They came in black, rio red, and white in coupe form, and rio red only in convertable form. 96-00 they upped the production to about 10,000 a year.

There is a certain mystic about them since most people don't really know what it is, but they know its something fairly unusual.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2000, 03:24 PM   #5
T_Bone
Registered Member

well, I checked on the insurance and everything. It will be $120 more every six months for insurance. The payments will be about what I'm paying now on my '96.
Only problem is the wife. Maybe I should trade her in on a newer model, hehe. She's not going for it. She didn't want me to get the GT I have. I would have to fly to LA to pick it up, using her flying benefits through NW Airlines. She has to sign for my tickets. Damn it. Gotta convince her somehow...
Old 09-08-2000, 06:42 PM   #6
T_Bone
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Update:
I've decided against the 95 Cobra and decided to go with a 96-98 Cobra. I got the wifes aproval, but I have to sell my GT first. I want a Mystic 96, but paint for an aftermarket hood, spoiler, or ground effects would be a fortune.
Anyway, my questions...
Should I rape my car of the aftermarket parts and sell the car as stock, except the gears and make a pretty penny by selling the parts outright? Or, sell it with the parts?
Also, Should I buy a Cobra that has been modified with the things I want to put on it and risk the fact that it could have been dogged hard by the previous owner? Or, should I get a stock or near stock Cobra that has a better chance of not being trashed by the previous owner.
Thanks for your opinion!

------------------
T-Bones '96GT

'96 GT 5-speed
Roush Cold Air Kit w/ K&N, 80MM Mass Air, Mac Cat-Back, Mac Pro Chamber H-Pipe, FMS 3.73's, FMS 70MM TB, March U/D Pulleys, Steeda Tri-Ax.