MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-22-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default I FIRED Diablo!

On 1/13/05 I purchased a Diablo Sport Chip. After using it for a few weeks, I realized that it was incorrectly programed. I sent it back. As of today, I still have not received it. So, I asked the retailer for my money back. They agreed with no argument.

Seems like Diablo is doing this alot and providing NO support. I have been waiting for WEEKS for Diablo to provide the correct codes so that it could be re-burned. There are quite a few surveys on StangNet with the same complaint.

I have ordered a SuperChips Programmer. When the time comes for a true custom program, I'll sell it and get a dyno tune.

At least now my speedo will be correct and I can change the program whenever I want as well as read codes.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:15 AM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Superchips Custom Tuning or just regular Superchips?
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

No. Just regular Superchips. I don't have anything that will require a custom program and probably never will. (Well, I guess I should never say never).

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 07-07-2004, 05:59 PM   #4
adrnlen
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Diablo does the chip upgrade for Paxton. After three tries to get a basic chip right, they couldn't figure out a cold starting problem. I have to get a professional tuner to solve the problem for an extra $300. Thanks again Diablo.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
surfbeast
Registered Member

Superchips Custom Tuning is just there name, does not need to be "custom". And they are by far the best off the shelf chip out there. Fantastic support and more power than anyone else!!!!! SCT all the way!! Whether they do a dyno tune session or just a blind chip to your specs,they are the best!!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM   #6
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I guess I should tell you that I bought an SCT Programmer back in May and sent the Superchips one back (lol).

My Stang: