MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #1
southernstang97

Question what to get for better trackin ?

I have a 97 gt , alot of bolt ons and done a full exhaust ( headers all the way back to catback) and I have 373 gears . I have lowered my stang about 1 1/2 and I am now putting on the cast/camber plates with new sturts. The problem that I have when trying to race my stang from a dead stop or moving slow is that I can not put my tires on the ground , just sit and spin!! I have been thinking about the MAC PRODUCT upper/lower control arms but I would like to know if that should fix my problem and if not what else should I do!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Unfortunately, handling and making traction on a launch are somewhat crossed purposes. Whenever you make the suspension stiffer it hinders weight transfer for launching. Rear control arms will help some, as would a panhard bar and torque arm, but your best improvement without getting drag springs and shocks would be to get a pair of good drag radials.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 02:37 PM   #3
southernstang97

Default trackin !!

What a am looking for is good handling more than off the line , sounds like I just need better tires !! But a little bit of both would be nice , so if I have sport springs and the sturts are for driving whats the best set up out there for my year ,,, ?