MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2002, 07:29 PM   #1
HenDawg
Registered Member

Question Annoying Squeak

I am having trouble with a rear end squeak on my 2000 gt. I only have 18000 miles on it, but espeacially over uneven pavement and slower speeds I can here the squeak. I took it to the Ford dealer and he couldn't find anything wrong with the suspension. Basically he told me that is what happens when your cars tries to shift directions. Personally I didn't think he could pin point where it was coming from. My question is has anyone encountered such an experience and what has to be done to correct it? All I know is there is definetly something not right about it. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
HenDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 08:04 AM   #2
Dino
Registered Member

From what I've heard some of the newer stangs had that squeak from the rear but I don't remember what it's from.

I get a squeak in the rear of my stang but I think my problem is a bad brake job with cheap pads that don't quite fit right.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:51 PM   #3
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

Have you tried bouncing the rear of the car up and down to listen for the squeak? You might get a friend to help you. Have someone push down on the rear of the car, or jump up and down inside , and the other person listen underneath/around for the squeak. Just don't get your head stuck under there . It's probably one of the coil springs/perches or the bushings in the lower or upper control arms maybe. That's about all it could be. I don't see how the shocks could squeak. Just some ideas.
Old 02-03-2002, 07:15 AM   #4
Dino
Registered Member

For mine, I can duplicate the noise by kicking the tire. And then I had someone kick the tire with the brake pressed and it didn't make it. That's why I think in my instance it's lose brake shoes or something
Old 02-04-2002, 07:06 PM   #5
HenDawg
Registered Member

Thanks Everyone for your help. Sorry for a late response, went out of town. I tested it by driving over brick pavement; really uneven, Got the squeak. Then I presed the brakes and no noise. Has to be the brakes. Thanks again for all the help.
HenDawg is offline   Reply With Quote