MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2002, 01:23 PM   #1
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Default 4.6 for 5.4

anyone made the swap? i am curious to see, and really considering making the switch. any info would be great. HP, RWP, e.t's, mph, power adder info. anything at all would help. i have researched making the swap, but want some opinions before i make the switch.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:17 PM   #2
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

I think if you are intrested in making the swap talk to boss330 about it, i personally think that you would make it just as far as he did N/A by just putting a good supercharger with injecters ect., but if you do want to do it see if boss will fab some stuff for you like the intake, but do expect to pay an arm and a leg to get any parts for it, just my opinion, and notice that the weight of his car is around 3800 partly because of that engine, i mean it came out of an SUV for god sakes my 0.02

Steven

Drive Fast, Race Hard, Beat Ricers.

Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time
67GTACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
vtec8ter
Registered Member

well, a good friend of mine has made the swap and his car is weighing around 3700 lbs. and it is a full street car with a cd-player, radio, a/c, power steering, roll cage...etc... i mean. there are some aftermarket parts that you can put into that motor, aren't there? some parts should be interchangeable. he also runs a speedpro computer on it with an MSD ignition and a direct-port N2O system. i think he even runs on stock compression, but he runs real rich. he runs low 11's on motor. my goal is to beat him. you know?
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote