MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-26-2002, 01:36 AM   #1
StangGT2002

Question Underdrive Pulleys...please Help!!

Considering I really dont have many mods, will I feel a noticeable difference with Steeda underdrive Pulleys? Is it worth buying them? Will the Bassani X pipe w/ high flow cats VOID my factory warranty? Any other suggestions welcome...

Thanks
Old 03-26-2002, 02:06 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

In my opinion, the Bassani Xpipe was the BEST mod I have done to my GT. The sound is incredible, and the car pulled SO much harder. I put the steeda underdrive pulleys in as my first semi-major mod, and I did feel a difference, like 8-10hp. If you put some pulleys, x-pipe, 3.73 gears, cold air/MAF and some drag radials, you will have a fast stang! Let me know if I can help any further.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:14 AM   #3
StangGT2002

Thanks for the info.....Do you know if the bassani X pipe w/cats will VOID my factory warranty? Did the X pipe trigger your check engine light to come on?
Old 03-26-2002, 02:45 AM   #4
Blue01GT
Registered Member

Its so funny you ask that cause i ust had a triple hitter last weekend. FIrst i got 3.73s and its a good boost in acceleration i highly recommend it. then immidiately after i put on Steeda UD pulleys and i barely noticed anything, but it does help enough and easy to install if you got an impact wrench. The next day i did a Steeda Timing Adjuster and with 92 octane i set the timing to 14* and it runs really quick now!!! im talking real hit in the @$$.

Im taking it to the track on wednesday i cant wait to see my ne time! (my BONE STOCK time was 14.56)

If you get UD pulleys, you might as well get the Timing Adjuster while your at it. And be sure to use 92 octane!!!!

I will post timeslips after this wednesday so you can seee what im talkin about!

Peace!
Old 03-26-2002, 03:27 PM   #5
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

"Blue01GT"

If I set my pulleys to anything but 10 my car start "bucking". Steeda does say this is normal but I just hate that bucking, even when I put 94 octane it still does.

Honestly I did not noticed any gain in horse power, mind you though that if you are planning to have NOS or induction you will need some type of adjustment gadget.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Mustang 99GT
Under drive pulleys, subframes, 3.73, sport Lowering springs, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear sway bar, tokiko illumina adjustable shocks/struts, upper&lower rear control arms, timing adjuster, 245x17 Michelin pilot, high performance brake pads,k&n filter (no silencer, no spare tire).
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 03:31 PM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StangGT2002
Thanks for the info.....Do you know if the bassani X pipe w/cats will VOID my factory warranty? Did the X pipe trigger your check engine light to come on?
It will void the exhaust portion of your warranty, but no single mod can void your entire warranty. By law, Ford has to prove that the part you installed caused the problem. And yes, the x pipe triggered my CEL. I got the chip burnt to fix that, though.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:09 PM   #7
czstang1701
Registered Member

Quote:
And yes, the x pipe triggered my CEL.
whats the CEL?..

Brand new! w00 h00! :-D
czstang1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #8
StangGT2002

CEL= Check engine light
Old 03-26-2002, 10:01 PM   #9
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

SO DO THEY WORK WELL OR NOT - UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS!

I like the price. I have been told by some novices that they can damage the A/C and screw around with the Mach460 system.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #10
ForPointSex
Registered Member

I have installed steeda's pulleys and timing adjuster. I did not notice harder pull. My headlights go dim at idle, but the charging system is fine. I have my timing at 13* and have no bucking problems. WIth gas prices going up, i think i'll set it back to 10* and run regular gas. I'll put it back to 13* in the summer months.

MM&FF this month showed the steeda pulleys added 3 HP, 12 lbs-ft torque. The timing adjuster at 6 HP, 15 lbs-ft torque.

I would love to put in my 3.73 but I don't have the tools and skills to do it. oh well.....

-K&N drop in
-tri ax
-Steeda pulleys, Timing adjuster
-FRPP 3.73
-SpeedCal
-Magnaflow cat-back
ForPointSex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:53 PM   #11
stylin99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
SO DO THEY WORK WELL OR NOT - UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS!

I like the price. I have been told by some novices that they can damage the A/C and screw around with the Mach460 system.
Just put my pulleys on last weekend and definitely feel the HP gain. Pulls much harder now. Usually don't notice the gains on some mods but this I did. All the accessories still work as they did before. AC's cold, radio's loud, lights are bright....definitely worth looking into.

SAE dyno: 337hp/452tq
1/4mi - on street tires: 12.88 @ 111mph[b]
UNnaturally aspirated
Modifications: 100 shot Nitrous (wet), 3.73s, Prochamber, Flowmasters, Mac CAI, Pro50 Shifter, SPEC Stage2 Clutch & Flywheel, Steeda Pulleys, 17" Ultralights, Steeda Hood, Sport Springs, & STB, Tokico 5way Shocks/Struts, UPR trunk mounted Battery Box, Aluminum Driveshaft, Steeda Sidewinder graphics, Billet Grill, brushed aluminum dash kit, Custom Rear Seat Delete kit, Autometer dual 'A' pillar gauge pod w/nitrous gauge & fuel press gauge,SS Bumper inserts, MGW interior accessories, sequential turn signals, & more.
stylin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:07 PM   #12
steedamustang01
Registered Member

WHAT'S UP BUDDY! IT'S STEEDAMustang2K1 NICE TO SEE YOU ON. HAHA. N-E-WAYS I CAN'T BE MUCH HELP ON THE PULLEYS, I'M NOT SURE BUT AS FAR AS GEARS GO WITH 4.10'S I HAVE HAD TONS OF BUDDYS THAT GO WITH 3.73 AND THEN KICK THEM SELF IN THE @$$ FOR NOT GOING WITH 4.10'S. LOOK AT THE POST I DID ON WHAT GEARS TO GET FOR A 2001 GT. AND YES YOUR IS A 2002 AND IT'S NO DIFFERENT. BUT YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT WHAT MUSTANG92 WROTE. (I THINK THAT'S HIS ID NAME) HE KNOWS HIS $H!T MORE THAN ALMOST ANYONE ON HERE. READ WHAT HE WROTE ABOUT THE 99+ STANGS AND WHAT GEAR TO PUT IN THEM. IM ME LATER. DE'JAY.
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote