MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #1
MN2001GT
Registered Member

Default CA Lemon Buyback?

I'm new to this. I just bought a '01 Gt convertible and I've been pouring over the posted messages for hours. This is so awesome to have so much information available. Every car enthusiast should be so lucky. Anyway, I have a ton of questions, but I'll start with just a few.

1. I bought a CA lemon buyback and was wondering what you all think of these cars. I got a great deal ($11,000 off sticker for a car with 11,000 miles). Two years left on the factory warranty and if anything ever goes wrong with the car that the original owner complained about Ford will fix it for free for as long as I own it. Anyone else buy a CA lemon buyback?

2. Are there any members in Minnesota that I can connect with? I'm thinking of making some changes to my 'stang and would like to check them out on someone else's car before I make the investment.

3. I found very little in the archives on motorcraft oil. Does anyone use it? The synthetic blend 5w-20 is very reasonable.
MN2001GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

Sometimes a "lemon" car is just someone got pissed at the car and no one could make them happy no matter what. Sometimes it is a real "lemon" and you just bought yourself a truck load of problems. Depends on the car. If you saved 11k on the car then maybe you can spend your way out of the lemon issue if it really is one.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
surfbeast
Registered Member

any car can be fixed to run correctly no matter how many "BUGS" are in it. Most lemon cars come back cause the owner can't handle the payments and invents or creates the problems and bitches enough untill the dealer is happy to get rid of them. Sounds like you may have got a ggood deal. How did you get this car? Let us know!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:41 AM   #4
MN2001GT
Registered Member

The Lincoln-Mercury dealership up here in MN goes to CA to buy the cars at a Ford auction. They won't (can't) sell them to any CA dealers. The main complaint that the previous owner had was that there was a noise coming from the engine. I REALLY like the noise the car makes. They had fixed a few other things on it, but nothing major. I got the entire service history of the car with the dealer notes and everything. My mom was in the market for a car, too. She bought a '98 3.8 for $8000. It was higher miles, but still a good deal. She got rid of an El Dorado and really likes her new pony. I can't believe I'd never heard of this before. My GT is a really sweet looking car. I can't believe how many heads turn and how many people tell me what a great looking car it is.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:21 AM   #5
cgrant26
Registered Member

I lived in St. Paul about a year ago. Unfortunatly for your situation, I recently moved to Tallahassee. I do however, know a couple of friends in the TC area with Stangs both old and late model. I'll see if I can get any of them on these boards.
As far as advice, I have yet to meet a Stang enthusiast who has given me bad advice or steered me in the wrong direction. The Stang community seems to be a pretty tight family, even among those that have never met before. I have cruzed a couple of Vette' and Maro' boards and for the most part, found a lot of bragging, bickering and over compensa- I mean competativness. I'd have to say, your definately among friends.
cgrant26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:58 AM   #6
MN2001GT
Registered Member

Talking

Thanks, grant26, I'd appreciate that. You can have them e-mail me directly if they don't want to get on the board. My e-mail address is TedNearman@msn.com. I'd like to see what an aftermarket shifter is like and check out some pipes.