MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 06:15 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default "Why's my car so slow" Thread Deleted...

Well,
The "Why's my car so slow" thread is officially toast....

5.0 guys:
The 5.0 is one heck of an engine with great torque, good reliability, and a massive, inexpensive aftermarket. But you have to realize that the engine (as far as new Fords) has lived its life. It's time to move on. The 2000-2002 GT puts out more HP than any stock GT model before it. It deserves a little respect. (Even if some of the drivers don't.)
Help the new stangers with their "new fangled" 4.6s rip the heck out of Chevy guys and more importantly... ricers.

4.6 guys:
The 4.6 is a great high revving engine whos aftermarket is growing leaps and bounds every day. The engine is very reliable, and hands out some great performance numbers with only a 281.
But...
When is the last time you ran into a "stock" 5.0?
Many of these guys can smoke us for breakfast with a full load of people and groceries in the back. Many of these folks know how to get the most out of ANY pony car, whether it be 5.0 or 4.6, so you might want to pay attention....
Some of these guys know how to set up a suspension for maximum traction whether you're at the dragstrip or in the "twisties". These guys deserve MASSIVE amounts of respect. They've "been there, done that"

Rational debate is fine. In a way, that's why we're here. But this has become ridiculous....
I let this go to see if some of you could work this out on your own. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Let's try to use a little bit of respect for each other next time.
Thread Deleted...
Old 07-02-2002, 12:30 AM   #2
jax702
Registered Member

Default Re: "Why's my car so slow" Thread Deleted...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Well,
The "Why's my car so slow" thread is officially toast....

5.0 guys:
The 5.0 is one heck of an engine with great torque, good reliability, and a massive, inexpensive aftermarket. But you have to realize that the engine (as far as new Fords) has lived its life. It's time to move on. The 2000-2002 GT puts out more HP than any stock GT model before it. It deserves a little respect. (Even if some of the drivers don't.)
Help the new stangers with their "new fangled" 4.6s rip the heck out of Chevy guys and more importantly... ricers.

4.6 guys:
The 4.6 is a great high revving engine whos aftermarket is growing leaps and bounds every day. The engine is very reliable, and hands out some great performance numbers with only a 281.
But...
When is the last time you ran into a "stock" 5.0?
Many of these guys can smoke us for breakfast with a full load of people and groceries in the back. Many of these folks know how to get the most out of ANY pony car, whether it be 5.0 or 4.6, so you might want to pay attention....
Some of these guys know how to set up a suspension for maximum traction whether you're at the dragstrip or in the "twisties". These guys deserve MASSIVE amounts of respect. They've "been there, done that"

Rational debate is fine. In a way, that's why we're here. But this has become ridiculous....
I let this go to see if some of you could work this out on your own. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Let's try to use a little bit of respect for each other next time.
Thread Deleted...
It was funny as hell though you gotta admit, Im sure even you laughed a time or two
1997 Cobra #3803 WMS cold air intake, 87 Pro M, Autologic chip, BBK twin 62 throttle body, BBK pulleys, Fluidyne radiator, trunk mounted battery....
Old 07-02-2002, 09:43 AM   #3
southernstang97

Smile hehehehehehehehehe !!

the great debate !!!! I think this will all ways be a good one !!

Old 07-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Hammer, i think you made a good call on that one.

But I think we can all definitely agree that it is the 3.8, not the 4.6 or 5.0 that is the true engine of choice.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 07-02-2002, 04:38 PM   #5
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

Im quite happy with my new 2003 Cobra and its 4.6 litre.
Last night was my first kill and it was a 2002 camaro z28 with a 5.7 litre.Of course im sur ethe GM fans will say,Well yours is supercharged,but thats just an excuse,this guy has 70 Cubic inches more than me under the hood so GM has no excuse.
I rippped him a new @#$hole.
I wont be racing anymore camaros simply because they arent worthy.Its kinda like pulling up next to a VW beetle in a porsche.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:58 AM   #6
jax702
Registered Member

Default When did the new Cobra come out?

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug McGinn
Last night was my first kill and it was a 2002 camaro z28 with a 5.7 litre.Of course im sur ethe GM fans will say,Well yours is supercharged,but thats just an excuse,this guy has 70 Cubic inches more than me under the hood so GM has no excuse.
I wont be racing anymore camaros simply because they arent worthy.Its kinda like pulling up next to a VW beetle in a porsche.
I didnt think the new cobra was even out yet? It obviously is if you have one and you are spanking f-bodies, I just haven't seen one here in vegas or in one of the showrooms

Im jealous
1997 Cobra #3803 WMS cold air intake, 87 Pro M, Autologic chip, BBK twin 62 throttle body, BBK pulleys, Fluidyne radiator, trunk mounted battery....
Old 07-03-2002, 01:55 AM   #7
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

They are slowly rolling into the dealers,but you just about have to be at the door waiting when they roll off the truck because the 3 i have seen were sold within 2 days of arrival.
I drove 100 miles from home to get the one i have.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh please!! got a little superiority complex huh.......I am a ford guy but lets get real. I know alot of LS1's that would dust a new cobra.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Lets not start this again, this thread was started to stop and arguement, not start another...... You shouldn't be bashing your own kind here anyways... This is a mustang board, not an LS1 board... Of Course Chevrolet is the enemy here.... why don't you go to an LS1 board and post about how your 5.0 could whip all them and see what kind of responses you get.... We're all supposed to be friends here with a common interest. Mustangs..... not hindering each other with harsh comments...

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
Old 07-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #10
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

I doubt you know anyone who has an LS1 that will take the new Cobra in stock factory form.
My car isnt even broken in yet it had 200 miles on it when i wasted the z28.
You may know someone who has spent scads of money on his
camaro to change exhaust and shifter and gears ect..that
might take the cobra.
But then again i have plans on making the same modifications as soon as i catch back up and get some money in the savings again.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #11
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:

But then again i have plans on making the same modifications as soon as i catch back up and get some money in the savings again.
Modifying your exhaust will get you 50-60hp

Changing your pulley will be a nice boost too

These cobras are scary!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 07-03-2002, 06:06 PM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
I doubt you know anyone who has an LS1 that will take the new Cobra in stock factory form.
My car isnt even broken in yet it had 200 miles on it when i wasted the z28.
You may know someone who has spent scads of money on his
camaro to change exhaust and shifter and gears ect..that
might take the cobra.
You said you will not race "anymore" camaros cause they are not worthy. Pick up the new issue of MM&FF it might surprise you.

I am not trying to flame you........But how many people do you know that race and keep there cars in "stock factory form"..

If you pulled up next to me thinking your gonna win........I could surprise the hell out of you if I sprayed my 125 shot.

Then I could say I am not gonna race those new cobras anymore cause they arent worthy.

Seriously man, You have a nice car and I wish you the best. I am just bored and irritable right now.

Later,
Old 07-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #13
jax702
Registered Member

Exclamation opinion board

I see this thread turning into another "why is my car so slow". This message board is starting to become an opinion/ arugement board. Thats fine with me I love mixing it up and getting a rise outta people like Southern stang 97, its good fun, however I dont think the majority of folks will agree with me...ok thats my opinion

Jax
Old 07-03-2002, 09:59 PM   #14
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

everybody just simma down now

Just my opinion.....but while a 03 is very fast for a stock car.....there are many cars out there that can take one(not stock, but who cares about stock). It's very true that a 03 Cobra lay the smack down on a LS-1. But with some mods(not that many either) the LS-1 can run with a 03. A heads/cam/intake 5.0 can too. Basicly what I'm saying is that a 03 is a very fast and capable machine and that I can take a LOT of cars, but it ain't all that and a bag of tater chips.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 07-03-2002, 11:51 PM   #15
1BAD302
Registered Member

I dont understand....who gives a crap if we argue a bit, it makes some good reading and lets face it, its fun. This is the internet folks, lets not cry if someone flames your car, moreover, if you dont like a thread that is argumentative, then like the WWF, get the 'F' out! I think its pretty lame that a thread gets deleted if it becomes a bit edgy. No ones swearing, no ones getting assaulted, so chill the hell out people!

Rice Haters club member #29

Stereo - 2/1000watt 12" MTX subs; Kenwood 1000watt amp; Pioneer 4/ 50watt deck
Old 07-04-2002, 12:26 AM   #16
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

You GM freaks seem to think that the 2003 cobra cant be modified for some reason.
So far i have raced a Z28 and 2 camaros all of these cars were already sporting catback and short throws who knows what other modifications they have done,I beat all 3.
Thats bone stock 2003 cobra with no modifications,including the crappy shifter.
Soon i will add all the other goodies and make the GM guys cry even louder like the little Bi#$%s they are.

P.S..I pulled up next to a vet and he wouldnt race it was some old man and his old lady.The next one i pulled up next to was talking on a cell phone i reved my motor and he looked over and i gave him a thumbs down and he just got this stupid look on his face,typical of a general motors fan.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:21 AM   #17
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
P.S..I pulled up next to a vet and he wouldnt race it was some old man and his old lady.The next one i pulled up next to was talking on a cell phone i reved my motor and he looked over and i gave him a thumbs down and he just got this stupid look on his face,typical of a general motors fan.
or maybe he was just old, was busy, or just plain didn't wanna race............giving the thumbs down with out provication is lame. No matter how fast you are there's always somebody faster

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 07-04-2002, 11:52 AM   #18
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Last year I got "Smoked" by a Miata at the at the track. What makes it even worse is I took him on reaction time, I had him buy 2 or 3 cars at the 1/8th mile then he flew by me and ran a 13.56 @106.

My car is alot faster now, that miata motivated me.........My point is you just never know. I would have bet alot of money on that race if he would have wanted to.

Later,
Old 07-09-2002, 08:55 AM   #19
FireFinder20
I See Stupid People

Question

What if the LS-1 had a blower...then what?

There's always someone faster...
Old 07-09-2002, 09:48 AM   #20
wade73
Registered Member

Quote:
P.S..I pulled up next to a vet and he wouldnt race it was some old man and his old lady.The next one i pulled up next to was talking on a cell phone i reved my motor and he looked over and i gave him a thumbs down and he just got this stupid look on his face,typical of a general motors fan. [/B]
not everyone that has a <insert car name here> wants to drag race at stoplights. and going around giving thumbs down signs/reving your motor is a pretty juvenille thing to do...

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
Closed Thread