MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2004, 01:25 AM   #21
JBeryleC
Registered Member

I have good enough throttle UP
I am only talking about throttle DOWN

Like this.. take your foot off the gas pedal and the rpm's drop (while not in gear) for example.. in between shifts

what I am wanting is a faster drop off
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:02 AM   #22
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JBeryleC
I have good enough throttle UP
I am only talking about throttle DOWN

Like this.. take your foot off the gas pedal and the rpm's drop (while not in gear) for example.. in between shifts

what I am wanting is a faster drop off
its 2 things 1 is the weight of the flywheel and clutch that helps
and it setup not to drop to fast cause if it does during a shift then it can cause problems with the trans

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #23
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Yeah I just want it to drop a little faster...

I think with a lighter aftermarket flywheel it'll give me what I want
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
Old 03-20-2004, 02:06 AM   #24
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah I just want it to drop a little faster...

I think with a lighter aftermarket flywheel it'll give me what I want
a alu. flywheel will do the trick I would use a fidanza or spec which is made by fidanza

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-20-2004, 02:07 AM   #25
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Anyone know how much lighter it is??

Old 03-20-2004, 02:10 AM   #26
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone know how much lighter it is??
the fidabza is a 12lbs making it 16lbs lighter

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-21-2004, 11:47 PM   #27
TARZAN
Registered Member

I JUST pust 4.30's in my auto.

I started out w/ 3.73's, and they just didn't do it for me.

Then I jumped to 4.10's, and realized that there was still more potential left in my DAILY DRIVER.

I now have 4.30s, and just made on helluva road trip, pulled 20 MPG's, in my auto, on the interstate, any 5-speed would do better than that......

Most of the gas mileage probels come into play b/c of the driver heaving a heavy foot......

And the gears last longer than you'd think, its just that everything happens so fast when you're in a race.................unless you're in a ricer

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:39 AM   #28
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Well right now I am running exactly 2000 rpm's at 75mph in 5th gear.

Can anyone tell me what rpm's I can expect at that same exact speed for both 3.73 & 4.10 gearing??

Thanks

Old 03-22-2004, 04:16 AM   #29
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Well right now I am running exactly 2000 rpm's at 75mph in 5th gear.

Can anyone tell me what rpm's I can expect at that same exact speed for both 3.73 & 4.10 gearing??

Thanks
I dont know how a 02 would be in 5th at 75 with 4.10s or 3.73s
because the tr-3650 trans has a .62 5th gear where a t-45 has a .68 I know at 75 in 5th im at 2600 with 4.10s and my buddy with a 03 with 4.30s is at 2700 or so

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #30
JBeryleC
Registered Member

So which one do I have ?

Old 03-22-2004, 01:48 PM   #31
420nitro
Registered Member

You know what...no offense...but maybe you should just wait on doing anything to your car before you mess it up! Get a ride from a modified car and see what you like. So far what you're describing in what you want to do, would kill your streetabilty. (With the exception of 4.10 gears.) Everyone here has given you good recommendations and it's almost like you think you know more then them to a point. Try to listen to someone's recommendations and go from there. Try to get rides from people who have fast cars that are set up in different ways. Example would be a N/A , blown, or even a nitrious cars. (And get several examples) Don't knock any of it, till you have experanced it. Then you can say if it sucks or what ever. But to compare a truck to a Mustang, is not comparing apples with apples. Besides having entirely different engines and functions... why would you compare?
I am sure you have speed shops that operate near you. Go there and show that your intrested in spending some money there. They will at least give you some sort of demo ride.
My .02 cents.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 03:08 PM   #32
JBeryleC
Registered Member

420nitro... If you're talking to me... well you just have no clue.. lol
I have researched every aspect of every mod that can be done to our newer breed of stangs... in depth.. more than you can imagine. However.. I dont pretend to know more than others.

It's just that everyone has different opinions than others, so if I choose to not do a mod because of other input I've gotten or because of other research I've done... well then so be it.

Everyone on here is very helpfull and full of support, input, and opinions. Thats why this is a great place to express all that.. even if some don't agree.. lol

FYI.. I have taken A LOT of advice from here.. infact EVERYTHING I've done & will do to the car has been because of these people

I think I've gotten the mods I'll do down to a T
Check out the other threads for more info. I assume your reply was based on this thread alone. Well I've posted many others that turned into "hot topics" if you will

And the only comparing I did to my truck was in reference to the 8.8 axle and it's potential strength.

Thanks for the .02 cents though

Old 03-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #33
420nitro
Registered Member

Well..my last post was towards you. I have not looked at your other posts, but I will try to make it an effort to look them up.
As goes for I not having a clue....Ok... no problem here, nor do I care.
The only thing that I recommend is that before you spend your hard earn cash on some parts, is to at least get an example. I have given and recieved a lot of advices that at first either sounded like great ones that turned out bad or the ones that sounded awful and were the best ones. Try to look at all of them with an open mind...but always get that example!!!!!
What example you might ask????
Well,.. I mean like have someone give you a ride or see if one of your friends would borrow you a car for a couple of hours. Some people might say "hell no" to that idea but asking never hurts. I know if someone that I knew was responsable enough..I would let him drive my single digit car! And yes I have dear friends like that. They also have FAST cars too that I would just take... if they're were any problems.
So my last post and this post was not ment to insult or anger you in any way. I just speak and wright in a bult way.
Good luck with your build
Sincerley
420nitro
P.S
Please excuse any misspellings
Old 03-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #34
420nitro
Registered Member

Oh yea,
If you already do this (get examples) then please disregard my last post.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #35
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Well the problem is this... I have lots of friends that have built cars... but they are either 5.0's or T-birds...

No one with a mod mustang... so I resort to reading articles, websites, and post's on here

As for examples.. I have none really. So I have to make do with the "virtual" stuff on here... lol

Thats why I ask A LOT of questions and talk to A LOT of different people.. as to get the best "average" (per say) advice.

How is your knowledge on this stuff? I mean I see you have a fox car though... but who knows, maybe you have experience with the new

Let me know if you read some of the other posts, I'd like your opinion on some stuff. Because obviously you dis-agree with some of what I am planning to do. Let me know

Old 03-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #36
explicitone
Registered Member

to your ???????s

you have a tr-3650 they changed trans mid year 01 from the t-45 to a tr -3650

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-22-2004, 04:32 PM   #37
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Thanks bro!

So.. which is stronger? I assume they changed because it's better (tr-3650), right?

Old 03-22-2004, 04:34 PM   #38
420nitro
Registered Member

No problem.
As goes for the little dis agreement... just because we disagree does not mean that your wrong and I am right and visa-versa.
It only means that we have 2 different out looks.
Which is cool.
Now you ask...what I think is wrong or disagrre with...
I don't know your whole set-up but I assume its preety mild..so we go from there.
4.10 gears verses 3.27 gears.

4.10 all the way if not more. It's funny because I just had this issue with a friend that has a mod motor. Yours and his concerns were close. After a couple of months debate he did it. Never looked back. The mod motor like mentioned before needs some rpm's to run more efficent,fun,blast what ever. The 3.27 gear which I believe is stock doesn't suit the needs. I understand that you don't want to shift any faster then you do now...then don't! Instead of shifting at (I assume) 2000-3000 rpms shift at 3000-3500 rpms. Or start in second and shift to 4th and then 5th. My friend who has done this believes, the drivablity has INCREASED, due to the new gear.

Alu. flywheel.
Will hurt your bottom end torque. There is a reason why they are heavy. Yes, the draw back is in the upper rpms but technically you shouldn't be there right???
Now run a 4.10-4.30 gear and a alum. flwheel with a good clutch (spec) and now we have a completely different story! Put on a blower of some sort (I prefer Novi and Vortech) and you have a fun street car with good manners.
Now you might disagree and thats fine...or you might find it to be a good one, but relize someone will always disagree.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #39
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks bro!

So.. which is stronger? I assume they changed because it's better (tr-3650), right?
yes the tr 3650 is rated for more tq I think like 25 more tq

and it use a diff. reverse

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #40
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Well if there is someone out there who can tell me exactly where my rpm's will be at 75mph in 5th gear... then I can atleast compare to what I'm running right now.

I'd like to know that info for 3.73 & 4.10 gears...

Is there a calculation I can use?
i.e. using the tire diameter, rpm's, speed, gear ratio.. ect ect