MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-18-2002, 03:55 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question Thinking about Crane ReGrinds. Need some Info.

Yeah, Its been a while since I posted. Been real real busy with work, and trying to get a relationship started, and helping a friend in need out.

I found a set of Crane 4.6L Regrind Cams for 200 dollars. I'm thinking about buying them. All the guy knows is they have at .50 Lift have .550 lift and 217 degres duration.

I know some one else here has these cams also. Do they create any drivability problems, and whats the power range? Also, whats the idle sound like?

I was thinking that or getting a set of upper and lower control arms. My bushings are torn up, and its a good excuse to get aftermarket Control arms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Info like if I'll need a larger MAF, and throttle body to get the potential out of these cams.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
playahata
Registered Member

I've got those exact cams in my setup and they make pretty good power. Driveability is sacrificed a little, but nothing that isn't overcomeable. If you can get them that cheap go gor it, my regrinds were $475 for the pair. Below is a dyno with those cams, ported FRPP heads, FRPP intake, and cat-less exhaust:
Lazer Red '98 GT with flows, 3.73's, clear corners, bumper inserts, billet interior, K&N, 17x8 Steeda Ultralites wrapped in Nitto 555's and DR's, Eibach Sportlines, painted calipers, steeda triax , MGW shift knob, 9mm Taylor plug wires, 90mm Lightning mass-air meter, ported FRPP heads, Crane cam regrinds, FRPP intake, FRPP aluminum driveshaft Mac longtubes/off-road H, .20-over bottom end, Vortech S-trim, MSD Dis4
playahata is offline   Reply With Quote