MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-19-2001, 06:23 PM   #1
ny mustang gt
Registered Member

Question hp help

ok im going to get the mac fenderwell to throttle kit and there white face anyway my question is that can i use a 70mm throttle body on my stock car the (cai) is going to be the first mod im going to do also i was wondering about an exhaust kit from the cat back any good ones out there my car is a 01gt auto tranny thanks hank

------------------
2001 4.6 gt
ny mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:04 PM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Well, you mentioned two mods that won't do much for HP. The 70mm TB will fit fine, and should help throttle response, but whether it has a positive effect on HP on a stock car is debatable. If you have one laying around, put it on, but don't go spending money on one right yet if you don't have to.
Buy the catback for sound, looks, and quality, not HP gain. It may add 2-3hp. You can really just swap the mufflers you want, as the stock pipes aren't that restrictive, but the mufflers are. You have a ton of options as far as exhaust: Flowmaster, Dynomax, Borla, Bassani, Magnaflow, MAC, Steeda, etc.
You have to watch your mods w/ a new car and make sure they don't viod your warranty. The catback and CAI will be fine.
If you want something that will wake up performance, get a set of FRPP 3:73 or 4:10 gears, and have them installed at an SVO/FRPP dealer so it won't void your warranty. You'll pay more for having it done that way, but if something were to happen to your new car, you want them to fix it for free.

------------------
1997 Thunderbird 4.6L: Dynomax cat-back, MN-12 perf. offroad downtubes and Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow resonator, 80mm MAF with cone filter, B&M trans cooler, Inject-Tech chip, MAC U/D pulleys, KVR front brake upgrade. 15.2 @ 91 before exhaust & pulleys. Not bad for a 3800lb auto 4.6L

No Longer own: 91 LX 5.0L 5 spd
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #3
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Great advice once again.

------------------
K!
Personalized Black 98 SVO Blown DVD/TV equipped daily driver Stage II ROUSH
without the side exhaust

Dyno 303rwhp 338rwtrq