MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
fel0n10us
Registered Member

Post manifold bang

ok i have a 96 gt vert i just had the intake manifold replaced by ford under thier "recall" "tsb" deal they are supposed to fix it free if it cracks
well, mine cracked so i took it to ford and they "fixed" it. well they replaced the manifold anyway

the car now backfires/engine lopes when i change gears and am going slow

ford told me to change my spark plugs so i did and it still backfires.

ford now refuses to look at the car saying its not thier problem and was that way when i brought it in.

anyway what else could it be??

thanks
fel0n10us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:33 AM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Well, you have to make it Ford's problem if they are going to act like that. You have to go to someone higher, like the manager of the dealership, or get a phone number for a customer satisfaction line, and call and tell them about this service shop.
These's no excuse for that, and you have to fight to get them to fix it. If you keep at it, they will.

------------------
1997 Thunderbird 4.6L: Dynomax cat-back, MN-12 perf. offroad downtubes and Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow resonator, 80mm MAF with cone filter, B&M trans cooler, Inject-Tech chip, MAC U/D pulleys, KVR front brake upgrade. 15.2 @ 91 before exhaust & pulleys. Not bad for a 3800lb auto 4.6L

No Longer own: 91 LX 5.0L 5 spd
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
fel0n10us
Registered Member

i have talked to GM of the dealership and was hung up on after he said "Its not our problem. Goodbye"
i have called fords customer care and was told that they cant override a dealerships decxision that they can only try to convince the dealership to do the right thing.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:30 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Give me the number. I'll call them for ya.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 12:32 PM   #5
fel0n10us
Registered Member

6019567000 watson quality "what a laugh" ford
Old 10-22-2001, 01:09 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

That is absolutely not acceptable...
You know, I love Ford as a company, but some of the dealerships just plain suck...
I've had similar issues with some dealerships down here, and if Ford Customer Care won't help, its time to get a lawyer...

If there's no doubt that its an issue with the dealership's work, stick it to them.
I would call the dealership with a lawyer present and inform the dealership that its time to see them in court if they don't at least talk to you. I would also call Ford Customer Care and let them know that you are starting litigation at this time against the Dealership. If you don't get SOME sort of response, I'll be surprised...

Don't let the dealership brush you off...

You had a working car before a known defective part blew, and now it doesn't run correctly. Sounds open and shut to me...

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 10:51 AM   #7
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

Man, I've been gone from here too long. lol

Anyways, hey man, I had the exact same problem with my 96. You have to keep on them. My dealership looked it over with an ocilloscope (sp?) and found that the #8 spark plug was bad (supposedly) and replaced it. Well those plugs were only a month old but it seemed to take care of it. But after a month or so it started it again. So I just got pissed and got rid of the car. Get ahold of the Better Business Bureau in your area and file against the dealership. That'll wake them up. If it doesn't then have your lawyer send them a nice little letter or something like was suggested by Hammer.

Check your plugs and make sure they weren't damaged or anything. Some water got down in mine which could have damaged that one when it was hot or something. I doubt it though cause when I traded it in for my L to that same dealer, hehe, it was starting to screw up again. They didn't notice though.

------------------
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 01:04 PM   #8
fel0n10us
Registered Member

spark plugs and wires are new less than a week old and i am waiting on the service manager to call me back??

i got a questin will my driving the car **** it up anymore than it is i have kids and i am the one that needs to pick them up my wife is in sales and on the road all day so sometimes i need the car but as is right now i am scared to drive it for fear that it may go boom

[This message has been edited by fel0n10us (edited 10-23-2001).]