MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-13-2003, 01:23 AM   #1
96mustang_james
Registered Member

Default headswaped car with problems, i have a bad miss what could it be. LONG! please help

Ok, this is what it is doing, when i start it it seems to be fine, but when i get going and im up to about 2000rpm's and up it starts going "blum blum blum" when i have it at an even throttle "not speeding up or slowing down" but i can turn the key off and immedatlely back on (without killing it) and hold the throttle at around 3000rpm's for just a second and it runs fine for a little while until i come come to a stop and the rpm's come back down to idle then the process starts all back over again once i get going and get to about 2000rpm's and then "blum blum blum" but when i floor it it still has lots of power.
what could be wrong???
it has brand new plugs, wires, and i tested the coil packs by buying a new one and replacing them one at a time to see if it fixes the problem and it still doesent fix it so i took it back, and i also checked for vac. leaks and found none.
96GT, non-P&P pi heads and cam swap, pi alluminum crossover intake, mac longtube headers, mac prochamber, 2 chamber flows, steeda t/a, steeda pulleys, steeda triax shifter,steeda adjustable clutch quadrant, steeda firewall adjuster, adjustable clutch cable, 3.55 gears, ram H.D. clutch kit, billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator, nos fuel pressure guage on fuel rail, 190lph fuel pump, fenderwell cold air kit, 70mm frpp throttle body, 125shot compucar nitrous kit, rear seat delete, front sway bar delete, RR hood w/svo scoop, white face guages, and autometer tach.

"I HAVE AN ITCH, AND SPEED IS THE NEED FOR THE DEED."

E-mail: jamsm209@aol.com
FOR SALE: 30 lb frpp fuel injectors
$100 + shipping
+
96gt heads (complete w/ cams)intake, valve covers, and stock manifolds
$300 + shipping
96mustang_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:17 PM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

first of all if you have a timing adjuster you must set it back to factory timing and replace the plugs you have with a colder model i use autolight 103`s don`t use platinum models .this is what i use on my head swaped 98 ,also it is mandatory that you run nothing lower than 91 octane fuel or you will kill your engine also try to get the heat in the engine down by replacing the coolant with more water and aftermarket stuff like water wetter. and a coller thermostat 180 should do. this should fix all your problems.
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote