MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-29-2003, 06:35 PM   #1
gt96
Registered Member

Lightbulb help out a stang lover

hey i have a 96 gt i have a k&n filter in a stock air intake setup with a marchs ram air induction, phenolic intake spacer, plugs,wires, mac pulleys, flowmaster muffs, mac off road x pipe:
Heres my question see i am goin through school and as soon as i get done i want to buy an older 5.0 but for now i have a 96 gt i need to know what you guys think about what i need to do next without doin stuff like gears nitrous or s\c cuase i will need to sell it soon but if you guys could give me some input on some outher bolt on mods i could do to get the most bang for my buck that would be great i have no one else to get info from cause all auto performance shops round here are for those damn ricers so thanx for your time!
Old 04-29-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

sounds like you have covered the basics. Now is the time to go with gears, a chip maybe, PI head swap or S/C. the chip and gears are the cheapest but if you are on a budget you are needing to get into the big bucks now that you have covered the small bolt on stuff.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
SnakeDriver97
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by surfbeast
sounds like you have covered the basics.
I guess the question is how long until you sell. 6 months or less? Get some 4.10's, you'll really feel the difference.
If you're going to sell later then that, I would get a simple shot of Nitrous, cheap kit runs about $500, and have some fun at the track. This could hurt the resale value though, depending on who you sell it to.