MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2002, 12:58 PM   #1
montaz3
Registered Member

Question Need help with a 02 GT

I have a stock 02 GT 5 speed with just over 4k on it. I am having a problem with it stalling for no reason. There is no preset time that it does it either. I have had it do it under acceleration, braking, and turning… just whenever it wants to. I am about ready to take it in, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and what it turned out to be. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2002 Zinc Yellow GT - totaled
Mods: (8)-ball shifter

It is only speeding until you get caught, then it becomes a race.
montaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
white02gt
Registered Member

Default 02 gt stalling

I just bought my gt and it stalled the first night i drove it. It has stalled 3 times in the 3 weeks ive owned it. I t is at the dealer as i write this for the second time. They found codes this time but it has led them nowhere. The radio shuts off just before it stalls. I called the dealer this morning and they said that ford wants them to talk to a dealer in Florida about a car they sold with the same problem. I saw your bulletin last week while i was searching the net for other people with the same problem since ford told me that they had no record of any one with the same problem. I wonder if you are the owner my dealer told me about. There is a problem with 99 and up gt's doing this. I dont believe a thing they tell me. You and any one else who reads this needs to call the National Transportation and vehicle Saftey Board. Just search for a lemon law site and they will have the information. This is where recalls are generated from. if no one reports these problems nothing will happen. I called the ford consumer line and raised cain about my problem 3 times so far. After I called the first time my dealer suddely became more cooperative towards my problem. I suggest you do the same. Call the ford dispute settlement board and request their form. Demand that your car be fixed or replaced. I joined this forum just to reply to your post. If more people stand up to ford, something will be done. Dont accept any thing your dealer tells you. They will lie to you. I have found more people with this problem on the net so I know were not the only 2 in the country.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
white02gt
Registered Member

Default 02 gt stalling

I just bought my gt and it stalled the first night i drove it. It has stalled 3 times in the 3 weeks ive owned it. I t is at the dealer as i write this for the second time. They found codes this time but it has led them nowhere. The radio shuts off just before it stalls. I called the dealer this morning and they said that ford wants them to talk to a dealer in Florida about a car they sold with the same problem. I saw your bulletin last week while i was searching the net for other people with the same problem since ford told me that they had no record of any one with the same problem. I wonder if you are the owner my dealer told me about. There is a problem with 99 and up gt's doing this. I dont believe a thing they tell me. You and any one else who reads this needs to call the National Transportation and vehicle Saftey Board. Just search for a lemon law site and they will have the information. This is where recalls are generated from. if no one reports these problems nothing will happen. I called the ford consumer line and raised cain about my problem 3 times so far. After I called the first time my dealer suddely became more cooperative towards my problem. I suggest you do the same. Call the ford dispute settlement board and request their form. Demand that your car be fixed or replaced. I joined this forum just to reply to your post. If more people stand up to ford, something will be done. Dont accept any thing your dealer tells you. They will lie to you.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:48 AM   #4
Crawdaddy
Registered Member

Default dying car

i also have a brand new 02 gt and since the first week it has died on me while normal driving. ive had it now for 3 weeks and it has died a total of 8 times. i took it to a dealer once already and the could find nothing wrong with it and now its at another dealer who is not only checking about that problem but is also replacing my whole trans. i some how messed up the 3 gear syncro so they said they are just gonna replace the whole thing cause its so new. i just hope they find the stalling prob.
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #5
Torinalth
Registered Member

hmmm, had mine for 3 weeks and just under 2k miles.... the only problem I ever see is when I push the gas a lil late on getting going in first, it bogs a bit, but that is normal. do yall hear anything, or it just shut off?

Torinalth
Old 07-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
FireFinder20
I See Stupid People

Angry Hey!

Me too! I thought i was crazy. I have a 2001 GT 5 spd and the conditions don't seem to matter. It will just die. The power stays on, but the engine quits. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. I tried resetting the computer, changing from the CAI back to stock, neutral on slow downs or stops...all to no avail. Oh wel, at least I know I'm not alone.
FireFinder20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:04 PM   #7
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

hey all
my brother had this problem with his 1990 mustang lx 5.0 after months of looking and absolutly no help from the dealer we tore into the fuel system he was having the exact same problems as you , the culprit was a very loose conection at the fuel pump at the tank the reason why it happens only once in a while is because of the vibration when you take off the gas in the tank will cause slight movement making the connection break this also happens when stopping cornering, all we did was replace the connector and have never had a problem since, it will not throw a code because it is not computer related and the ford technitions never have a clue if the code reader they use don`t throw a code they don`t know what to look for. so take a peak it may be your problem.

i hope this helps you all
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:21 PM   #8
FireFinder20
I See Stupid People

makes sense...wtf, it's worth a try

thanks =)
FireFinder20 is offline   Reply With Quote