MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
aar0s
Registered Member

Default door panels

how do I take the interior door panel off a 96? I need to replace a loose door cup and the brace is loose, is there any fasteners that hold this brace on?
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
ac97gt
Registered Member

if its like my 97, you first take out the cup thing that the window button is on.... you can get it out with your hand by pulling where you see the slot, if you cant seem to get it with your hands, use a flat screwdriver or somethin in the slot but be careful. this part will also have a clip toward the skinny end that you will need to pull on to get out (not the end with buttons). after you get that, take out the ring inside where the handle to open the door is. its easiest to reach from the open hole you just made to push it from behind. all these parts are just clipped in and do come out pretty easy. if you want to take the whole panel off, grab it firmly (from the bottom is good) and lift up then out. if you have the mach 460 stereo lifting like this will make it hit the tweeter on the door, but it will go past it ok, just lift till it hits it, then pull out. hope this helps.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote